Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Flush on flop

Old
Flush on flop - Mon Jun 23, 2014, 04:10 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2014
Playing in the MTT PSO series of poker (event # 53), I was in 2nd position in the tourney with a 4186 stack.
I posted BB (100) and was raised 3 seats down to 200. Holding 8h9h I called.
Flop: Jh2h3h
I moved all in.
Opponent called with a 2186 stack.
He happened to hold AhQh !!

What is the chance of that? Did I do wrong?

Old
Mon Jun 23, 2014, 04:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Elmajimbe63!

The problem here is the bet on the flop. With a flush, I don't want to overbet. I want to make a standard 1/2 pot value bet. The problem with a large overbet shove is that it allows the opp to play perfectly against me... they call if they have me beat and fold if they're behind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 23, 2014, 04:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi ,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE.

Hope to see you there!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com