Since: May 2014

Played on a open school league.

Old
Tue Jun 24, 2014, 05:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Preflop with AQ, I need to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper (240 chips). I do not want to raise to less than this, or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to be in the hand. If they get the odds, they will win chips on average from me.

When I flop nothing, I need to check when it's checked to me. If any of the opps bets, I need to fold.

On the turn, I still have nothing but ace high, so when an opp bets, I need to fold. I cannot chase gutshot draws when I'm priced out. I have 10% pot equity and only 8% hand equity... when the pot equity is more, I need to fold. This is especially true in league games, as I cannot take chances in them, as they will cost me $$ from the end of the month leaderboard.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 24, 2014, 07:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
AQo my favourite trouble hand.

Basically what JWK wrote is correct, but as it is freeroll I would have shoved preflop and picked up that 180 and built myself an donk tableimage. You played it passively and lost 33% of ur stack. My solution would have brought you 13% of ur stack. With JWKs solution u would have lost also 33% of ur stack cause UTG would likely call 200 extra there with his Kx and then rolled u until river.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Tue Jun 24, 2014, 10:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2013
as its freeroll. i agree with the allin preflop method aswell

2016 PSO GRANDMASTER CHAMPION

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 25, 2014, 03:33 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Guys, you can't look at a league game as a freeroll. In a league game, the one and only thing that matters is getting points for the monthly leaderboard payouts. Every risk that you take early will cost you cash.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 25, 2014, 10:57 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2012
but at this point shove with AQ is not risky at all.
limpers will fold and i doubt that UTG would call.
he must be genius to limp with AA, KK, QQ, AK like this.

sure he could call with 44+, but i prefer headsup flip with AQ than 3 or 4 way pot that will cost me 33% just because i let others in and i dont know where i am.

its just different philosophy but quite standard at freerolls.

AQ is so tricky hand anyway.
Lately i played one sat and was in bubble - 26 left and 24 got ticket and i was utg with AQo.
I had 4 or 5 BB left and that was really tricky spot for me. i folded it cause i hoped that i will survive one orbit and during that someone else will die, but it didnt happen - other shorties doubled up and also blinds went up so i was forced to shove with A3o 8 hands later and finished as bubbleboy.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com