Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

What's the Tour de France got to do with PSO?

Old
What's the Tour de France got to do with PSO? - Tue Jun 24, 2014, 05:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Well flophitter here, AKA Ed, has a secret lifelong passion away from the poker tables - that's riding my road bike.

And it's less than a month to go to L'Etape du Tour where I will ride the actual route of a stage of the 2014 Tour de France in the Pyrenees - here's your chance to sponsor and motivate me even more to help some deserving kids get going!

You can check out what's involved and make a donation on this page

Any help is much appreciated!

flophitter

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Ed - Moderator

Old
Mon Jun 30, 2014, 09:44 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Hey Ed
Firstly I wish you the all the best and take my hat off too you for doing this.
Unfortunately I am not in a position to donate via the website but am happy to post your message on other poker blog sites and facebook if you'd like?
If there is a way to transfer via pokerstars then I may still have some left, or if there was a way to have a tournament (either private or in home games) where all entry money went to your cause I'd sign up. Maybe you could even get some tickets to something as prizes - but I'd play just to donate.
Well all the best, hope to see some pics or videos upon your return.

Cheers Greg
aka clarky227

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 02, 2014, 09:21 AM
(#3)
Thanks Greg - yes, please do spread the word. That will be much appreciated.

And the tourney idea is a good one, I'll look into that. Unfortunately it seems my flophitter account does not receive player transfers since I moved onto the pokerstars.es client with a different username after new laws came in here in Spain.

Many thanks for your interest and support!

Ed

Old
Wed Jul 02, 2014, 11:02 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Well hopefully PSO or Pokerstars may get behind you too, am sure you could add a t-shirt or cap into your kit if they did....
Maybe someone that can accept transfers could do so on your behalf and then make a payment to your donation page.
Have posted at the following.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/EPC_Message...0119203/1/#new

http://w11.zetaboards.com/OFFICIAL_U...0379428/1/#new

Sorry I can't be of more help as being forced to move due to leaky house issues but hoping people will get behind you and you have my full support from New Zealand

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 03:12 PM
(#5)
Just over one day to go before I ride L'Etape du Tour, the amateur version of Stage 18 of the Tour de France. It starts at Pau (I'm here now and almost all ready), over the Tourmalet pass (2115m), then the mountaintop finish at the ski station of Hautacam after 145km.

You can donate via my fundraising page:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=EdTarwinski

I'll update that page after the event, so you can see how it went. My bike will have a timing chip supplied by the organisers, and I'll also have Sportstracker running on my phone to record the data from the whole ride.

Thanks a bunch for any donations!

Ed

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 03:23 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Best of luck Ed!

For a great cause, come on guys, give a little!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 04:46 PM
(#7)
Bonsoir!

My Etape du Tour ride last Sunday

117.50 UK pounds raised for GetKidsGoing so far from kind and generous donors but I'm sure we can do better and reach, or hopefully even surpass, my target. If you already donated thank you so very much, otherwise here's the link (where you can also see how I got on) again for whatever you can spare - thank you!

Tomorrow (Thurs 24th July) the pros in the Tour de France ride the exact same course as part of three gruelling Pyrenees mountain stages in a row - I am here at the final climb of Hautacam to be humiliated by the speed they will go up it!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=EdTarwinski

Kind regards

Ed

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com