Wed Jun 25, 2014, 05:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Riorei,

Few questions,
1. How was the villain playing?
2. What was your image at this time?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 25, 2014, 05:19 PM
(#3)
Preflop

I know its the thing to call with suited connectors but with the baby end 34d against a random hand (no read and player is on the button) makes you a 2:1 dog (pokerstars says you have 38% chance to win.)

on the flop against a random hand your odds have moved up and you now have 43% chance to win.

Intresting the turn appears to help us a lot but we just lost equity and our odds to win are now only 23.6%, 1250 into a 3805 pot is 32.8% so we do not have the odds to call here.

ok so that is against a random hand I'm presuming you had some type of read if this is a tight player who only raises 15% of the time on the button.

odds are
pre - 34%
flop - 41%
turn - 20%

Again its the turn where we do not have the odds for a call.

Hope this helps

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 25, 2014, 05:43 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
SNE was tight and I put him on TT+ AK

My image was kind of creative. I had won lately couple of postflop battles against strong bluffers.
You could see me as LAG, though i think everyone has different perspective of a LAG.

34d was first of such kind I played at this moment. It is good to play such hands for awhile if ur stack allows it and you wont put yourself into real trouble.

Yeah i gambled on the turn, but it was worth it - had straight and flush draws and was deep enough to try such spot.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 25, 2014, 07:57 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Fold pre, but if you're check-calling the turn and betting the river, you have to go all in on the riv. Your line will look so bluffy that villain will always call with KK+/JJ/AK. It's kind of criminal that he escaped with 1600 still in his stack. If you're gonna play trash hands like 43s, you have to try and get the maximum when you suck out.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 26, 2014, 10:58 AM
(#6)
Thank you arty for effort, but i wasnt asking for advice. it was just an example of nonstandard solution and how to exploit tight nits.

i definitely not going to fold 34d preflop if Ive decided to play it and i think riverbet was perfect to get value out of him. with that i could rep AK, with shove he would suspect QJ (though folding set is hard, but possible)

please dont analyze it through ABC thinking. Im not ABC player.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 27, 2014, 12:39 PM
(#7)
lol i meant to say QT

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 27, 2014, 03:46 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riorei View Post
Thank you arty for effort, but i wasnt asking for advice. it was just an example of nonstandard solution and how to exploit tight nits.

i definitely not going to fold 34d preflop if Ive decided to play it and i think riverbet was perfect to get value out of him. with that i could rep AK, with shove he would suspect QJ (though folding set is hard, but possible)

please dont analyze it through ABC thinking. Im not ABC player.
opps...

I hadn't realized you did not want a review. As the title of your post is "Poker hand for review" hopefully you can see why both Arty and me made that mistake.

(however for others who maybe thinking about the hand if you are not playing ABC TAG style, then post flop it is important to be aware of the pot odds and fold this one on the turn.)

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com