Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl 6max Zoom, turn spot semi-deep

Old
25nl 6max Zoom, turn spot semi-deep - Wed Jun 25, 2014, 10:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Villain is 46/19 through 26 hands, 1 tabling. Fold to cbet 0/4, wtsd 45% wdsd 2/5 times. craise turn 2/2 samples. Aggro fact 1.1.

I think this particular villain has some worse deuces in his range, given semi deep stacks could be flatting k2 suited etc. He could have some slowplays too in range. Just shove turn for value? Also think villain could overplay some pairs like 99/1010 in this spot and there are several possible scarecards for that part of range otr.

Sorry hand isn't too interesting but the analysis forum has dried up last few days so thought I'd go through a few hands.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 25, 2014, 11:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Im at least peeling turn vs those stats and reevaluating river.

Old
Thu Jun 26, 2014, 12:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
That's a really big raise. Villains stats seem weak. I would call this XR as see what the river brings...

I think we could also 3bet shove his raise here OTT. Not too sure what he's repping. could be a turned combo draw as well as 87, 2 x or an overpair that's trying to get you to slow down. His sizing is really big and I don't think that pocket 7s or 8s would make this sizing OTT.... he might be a weirdo and do this with 72 as well...

Old
Thu Jun 26, 2014, 10:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey Paddy,

Such a limited read, all we really know is that villain is a fish of the loose variety, and he doesn't like to fold. I mean 26 hands is nothing, but 12/26 played, never folded to a c-bet, and that wide range tends to flop weak yet he's gotten to showdown 45% of the time. So we can't be citing any of this as a great read, but circumstantial evidence seems decent.

So, that means I am pretty much not folding this strong a hand. I would normally call this big a raise, and re-evaluate river (c/c or bet depending on what hits). The problem with 3b-bombing all in is it gives the villain a fantastic chance to get away from marginal made hands that have very low equity, like A8, 87, 99. That being said, the circumstantial evidence is certainly that he might be a good candidate to not make those folds and stack himself off super bad. And if he turned some kind of draw, I doubt he finds a fold for any bad price. So shoving I think is ok here, against this villain type specifically, as it exploits his most common mistakes.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 27, 2014, 12:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
Yeah I decided to shove worried most that broadway rivers could kill my action. Villain had 78 off suit and snap called.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com