Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, feeling lost

Old
10NL ZOOM, feeling lost - Thu Jun 26, 2014, 01:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Villain is a 2 tabling regular.
OTR, are we just calling here? Shoving? Not sure if shoving would be good here... Feeling lost...

490 hands:18/14/3.0
Tot 3B: 6.4

Old
Thu Jun 26, 2014, 09:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Would call.

Old
Thu Jun 26, 2014, 11:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I agree with calling. Don't really see us getting called by worse hands if we shove, and being beat is not impossible.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 27, 2014, 08:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2013
Pot river here ? = shove and is fine i guess, he only needs to call like 4.7$/16$ ish on our shove.

I would think that opponent(given stats and position) :
- called pre in BB with a good hand (let's put him on TT+,KQs+)
- flop - he donk raises for value (hence a bit of protection, has not paired his suited hand, no straights, not much so on the flop so his range is now TT+, I would say that 99 would've checked/called, KQs check/fold ?)
- turn he sees hero is just calling, giving his TT+ range a reason to fire again
- river - my best guess he is thin value betting against his opponent Ax combos that, given our hero action , seems plausible.
If this went to showdown and wild JJ's appear then I guess it is fine. But a more aggro line on the turn (maybe min raise turn to help hero narrow opponents range ?)

My two cents,
Shoim

PS : Ran a simulation on his range TT+,AKs,KQs on the river
Him :9.66% 9.66% 0.00% TT+, AKs, KQs
Hero : 90.34% 90.34% 0.00% Ac7c
Restricting to TT+ our opponent goes from 9.66 to 12.5%

Last edited by shoim; Fri Jun 27, 2014 at 09:16 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com