Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL Zoom, QTs, flopped flush but how to progress

Old
10NL Zoom, QTs, flopped flush but how to progress - Fri Jun 27, 2014, 07:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Not really a lot to see here but I wanted to post this as it is a spot that comes up a reasonable amount of the time.

Not sure if the call on the BTN will be seen as reasonable but OR raise size led me to believe he will be a fish when I have more stats on him. Blinds are unknowns, if I knew they squeezed a lot I would 3bet or fold.

I basically flop the nuts, I think there is close to 0% chance that I am behind at this point, but I am never sure how to progress from here.

I think it will be nearly impossible to get value on later streets if another club hits, unless I am behind when that club hits.

So, I am basically trying to get money in against sets, and the Ac. Also Kx and Jx can call.

So, is raising best here? Or is it best to just call and play future streets depending on board run-out with the risk of being outdrawn or losing value on nasty board run outs.

Old
Fri Jun 27, 2014, 10:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I think you can do anything you want here except fold. FOLDING would be outrageous. Obviously if we raise we're targeting hands that have equity vs. us or we're targeting hands that beat us.

So yeah... calling is fine, raising is fine. I think it could depend on what type of opponent we're facing and I would have a better idea of what to do.

Versus a barrel happy aggro player I'm just going to call and let them shovel money into the pot, vs someone with a high cbet I'll just call. I'm probably raising vs. someone who cbet's somewhere between 40-56 percent of the time.

Old
Sat Jun 28, 2014, 07:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi bhoylegend,

This is a clear raise for value against worse Acx, KJ, KK, JJ, 55, AA, worse Flushes. It's unlikely villain will bet turn with air after we call the flop, so raising does not shutdown their turn bluffs. Another club or a paired card will not work in our favor. We are beat by Acxc: thinking about some of those that would open from MP are like Ac4c-Ac2c unless they open all their suited aces. There is no point in slow playing here as a blank turn would unlikely change the outcome whether they call our flop raise or not.

Old
Sat Jun 28, 2014, 08:59 AM
(#4)
Thanks for the replies guys.

Kind of funny that this hand played out shortly after your analysis Geo:

NOT THE SAME HAND AS IN OP

Old
Sat Jun 28, 2014, 01:39 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey guys,

I agree with raising vs an unknown, but I think this sizing is way too large. We want villain to make calling mistakes, not correct folds. I would like .50-.55c personally... we don't want action from just KJ and sets, we want AK/KQ/Kx without a club to peel. We want QTs to peel drawing dead. This huge sizing gets action from the highest equity hands in his range, but not from low/no equity hands. It also makes it much less likely that he reraises the Ac as a semi-bluff... and we'd like to leave the bet/3B door open for him, not close it with a big sizing imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 29, 2014, 09:15 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hey guys,

I agree with raising vs an unknown, but I think this sizing is way too large. We want villain to make calling mistakes, not correct folds. I would like .50-.55c personally... we don't want action from just KJ and sets, we want AK/KQ/Kx without a club to peel. We want QTs to peel drawing dead. This huge sizing gets action from the highest equity hands in his range, but not from low/no equity hands. It also makes it much less likely that he reraises the Ac as a semi-bluff... and we'd like to leave the bet/3B door open for him, not close it with a big sizing imo.
That's why Dave's the Head Trainer and Head Analyzer

Size matters

Old
Mon Jun 30, 2014, 05:30 PM
(#7)
I'm not sure what happened with the flop raise sizing. Might have been me trying to inflate the pot and holding the mouse button down too long or table ninja lazyness.

Probably the former.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com