Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

HUD

Old
HUD - Sun Jun 29, 2014, 02:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
BronzeStar
Hey all
I have on poker stars for a few months now and i hear you guys talking about huds. I would like some feedback if they help out your game and what one you would recommend .
Thank you in advance.
Ray K

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 29, 2014, 04:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Hi rayK77,

Personally I think HUDs are great! Even if you don't feel comfortable having lots of stats up while play or find it confusing they're still an invaluable tool for self-analysis. As far as which one to use, that's just a personal preference. The main two are Poker Tracker 4 (Which I have and love) or Hold'em Manage 2. Both offer one month free trials and there's lots of videos (including on PSO) and info out there on them, how to use them and good set-ups.

Do some research and then try them out.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
no idea - Sun Jun 29, 2014, 06:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2014
BronzeStar
Thanks Fadyen
i have no idea in navigating this site so i guess i put it in the wrong spot. Thanks for the info , i guess you have to pay for them if they are any good.
Ray

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 29, 2014, 07:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hello rayK77

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

This may help you find your way round.

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

Good Luck at the tables.

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 01:17 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2011
Hi ,There are many other HUDS eg Tournament Indicator and a range of less HUDS that are free to use.
The free ones have limited features and support but hey they are free.The other 3 mentioned are around the $50-150US mark .The cheaper ones are limited to micro BuyIn events and may have some features missing that the top software have.Some are harder than others to setup .
HUDS/Software will not in itself make you a better player ,study and playing will.But they will help you make correct plays when you have a solid understanding of the game.They are a useful tool when you are ready to use them but I dont recommend HUDS for brand new players.
When you first use a HUD reduce the stats display to just TWO stats and as you become use to the data add a stat to your HUD ,dont rush as you will only confuse yourself ,Take your time to learn how the HUD works and can assist you .
Best Of Luck

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 07:40 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
how can the hud be used , assist us regarding villains numbers? Have seen some posts/videos of using HUD and HEM PT4 for working on our game but using villains number in on the spot decision making is what eludes me. PFR VPIP is self explanatory but comparing 3bets to folds turn numbers to deduce whether villain chases or gives up or how often he folds and things like that.There have been a few bad attempts by me to describe what I am looking for hopefully one of you masters will have the guide that once and for all gets me sniffing in the right direction. The example I normally give is a description of stat interpretation similar to the way that Dan Harrington explains it in his book on 6 max cash games online .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com