Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

2 for the Price of 1 Tourney

Old
2 for the Price of 1 Tourney - Sun Dec 08, 2002, 10:04 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
Last night in the ACR $5K Freeroll (the one I mentioned on Friday's Freddieboy the Fish show). Started with 750 people, 559 people actually playing. Down to 12, 10 get paid, 1st Place is $2k. I'm the 3rd largest stack, 101k. Blinds at 10K/5K. One off UTG I have AJs, decide to steal, and raise it 20k. All fold to button, who has about 29k. He calls all-in. sb & bb fold. He turns over A2o. A2o!!!!. Unbelievable! Hits a 2 on the turn. Two hands later, I'm in the BB with AhKh. Folds all around to sb, who raises 10k. I go all-in. He calls all-in without thinking., leaving him with about 10k and if he looses the smallest stack in the tourney. Turns over K10o! K10o!!!!. Un"f#&ing"believable. Of course a 10 hits, and I'm out.

Question: How many dumb-asses does it take to screw Bruno out of the money? Answer: Two.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2002, 01:22 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Well Bruno, at least they were improving with the hands they called you with! :wink:

I like the way you were playing that close to the bubble. Staying aggressive with good hands. That style should maximize your Tourney EV over the long run.

By the way, I busted around 155 with the best of it too. Thankfully I didn't get as close as you did. :lol:

Den

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2002, 02:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
"Even blind hogs find acorns."

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2002, 06:16 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Not aggressive enough. Very weak raises.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2002, 07:25 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
OUCH!!!! :

RG

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2002, 08:51 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Noodles said:
Quote:
Jesus Christ, an all-in re-raise of 51k isn't aggressive enough for you???

Perhaps the raise with AJs was too small, though.

No justice either, as the A2o finished 7th, and the idiot who called my AK all-in won the event. Sigh................

That idiot made several other bad plays after that (when down to four players and one of the four all-in, he raised a dry pot with low pair?!?!? pushed out the other three players and the all-in won) and was told what an idiot he was by a friend of mine AtlantaAngela, one of the best female poker players in the world (hint: she didn't play at WPT this year because she had a baby...those of you who keep an eye on the top pros will now know who she is).

PS: Noodles, I folded AKs when we were down to 14 in the exact same situation Hazy did....one of the two had KK and I would have been crippled had i called the all-in....score one for knowing when to fold AK.....

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2002, 10:18 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno
Noodles said:
Quote:
Jesus Christ,
You can call me noodles.

Quote:
PS: Noodles, I folded AKs when we were down to 14 in the exact same situation Hazy did....one of the two had KK and I would have been crippled had i called the all-in
Then it wasn't the same situation Hazy was in was it.

Old
Dr. Appointment??? - Sun Dec 08, 2002, 11:29 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
So..... when have you scheduled the colonoscopy with your proctologist?

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 01:01 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
Noodles is on posting tilt right now, just ignore him.

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 10:50 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
Stop spoiling my fun hazy.

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 11:06 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
Bruno, was it winner take all. Were you in stack trouble. Did you put the flat caller on a pairs down to TT. Were you getting the odds even when behind. Were you against opponents of Aprylls caliber.

As you said earlier, knowing when to fold AK is a key skill, but so is knowing when to call with it.

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 10:33 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Noodles said:
Quote:
Bruno, was it winner take all.
NO
Quote:
Were you in stack trouble.
NO
Quote:
Did you put the flat caller on a pairs down to TT.
YES
Quote:
Were you getting the odds even when behind.
YES
Quote:
Were you against opponents of Aprylls caliber.
YES, Of the 5 other people at my table, I considered 1 much better then me (No disrespect to Apryl {because I think Apryl is a tremendous player} but, AtlantaAngela is probably as good, if not better. She has the professional results to prove how good she is: Top female finisher at WSOP one year), 2 as good as me, and the 2 people who made the terrible calls proved themselves f*&ing idiots.

PS: Were they able to remove whatever has been up your arse lately? :lol:

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 07:19 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno
Noodles said:
Quote:
Jesus Christ, an all-in re-raise of 51k isn't aggressive enough for you???

Perhaps the raise with AJs was too small, though.
Maybe it was too small but I don't think your raise mattered did it. The only person calling you called all-in with 29k. So even if you raised 40k or 80k the result would have been the same. I wouldn't beat myself up over the play, just wallow in the bad beats and then move on. Tough break.

Ricky Hard

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com