Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL Zoom, AK in squeezed pot

Old
10NL Zoom, AK in squeezed pot - Sun Jun 29, 2014, 04:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Hand from a little earlier and just want to check the line.

I think pre is standard, I squeeze for value.

I think AK is a good hand to cbet here, I could be wrong, but I assume that when he calls that his range is mostly Ax hands, and mid to low pocket pairs. A lot of which I can get to fold and I often have outs.

When I get called I think his range is still mostly pocket pairs. There arent really any draws out there.

I check behind on the turn as I am not sure if he will fold a pair, if he has slowplayed a monster, and I reckon I still have outs here.

River play, the board has paired, if he continued with underpairs to the board and I am now ahead but if he is pot controlling the likes of JJ then I doubt I can get him to fold that. He will check call,

Most importantly, I dont need to bluff to win the hand.

Is river a value bet or a check behind?

Old
Sun Jun 29, 2014, 06:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi bhoy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Is river a value bet or a check behind?
What would you be targeting for value? Do you think he's calling you with king high?

Check and show it down.

Edit: Hand is fine up to that point.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 30, 2014, 02:07 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
He's highly likely a fish based on starting stack so it's possible they do call with worse but I accept it would be paper thin value.

I did check and show it down, he had pocket 5's, he should have folded pre and on the flop unless he has some sort of read on me but given were seemingly unknown to each other I don't see that he has anything on me. I guess he thought I had AK.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com