Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Hand about the Micromillions ME

Old
Hand about the Micromillions ME - Mon Jun 30, 2014, 05:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Hey

I decided to upload this about the Micromillions ME. So I had around 200 BB and was dealt A3 of spades. I Did not have much information about the player at this point.

How would you played this hand? I thought I could call the pre-flop raise because I had position, a big stack and the SB may have raised wider because he wanted to defense his blinds. I decided to call the flop and the turn, but the river made me not sure about my hand. In this spot I thought he could have a King or a higher pocket pair, which me made fold actually.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 04, 2014, 02:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2014
BronzeStar
For me, pre-flop is marginal but would have leaned towards a fold unless you knew he re-steals often. You're the only one who has him covered making it more likely he has a hand. I think calling the flop is ok to see if he double barrels, but after the turn bet I'd definitely fold. Maybe a raise on the flop would have given you more information to know what to do with the turn bet.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 04, 2014, 04:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussions **

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 04, 2014, 04:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
For me, I'm going to definitely open A3s, but when I get 3-bet, I'm going to muck preflop.

If I'm going to play the hand with A3s and turn a full house, I need to be ready to at least call, if not raise.

The only way I'm folding is if the SB is a total nit.. in which case I absolutely need to fold to the preflop 3-bet.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 06, 2014, 10:26 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
Thanks for the reply guys. Watching it back I think it was indeed better to just fold after the re-raise.

@Plasticpearl: could you give a reason why you would fold the turn? (because I still have a FH on the turn)

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com