Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

TheBig$3.30 Bet sizing for optimal play?

Old
TheBig$3.30 Bet sizing for optimal play? - Tue Jul 01, 2014, 12:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
OK,when I look at this hand again,it seems like I played it OK,and I almost don't wanna post it(am I wasting your time?)But I remember at the time really struggling to pick the right line,especially post-flop and river.I was pretty sure I had the best hand on every street and just wanted to get max value.

So,I think I played it OK, but was it optimal? Was the min bet on the flop OK in this spot? The turn bet? And the size of river bet I really didn't know what to do.I wanted calls but as soon as I made the bet I cringed and thought it looked far too much like I wanted calls.What line would you guys have taken? And more importantly why? Thanks again and please let me know if I'm posting too many hands or hands that aren't really suitable,Sulon.

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 11:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Sulon,

There's no reads given, but generically in a micro-stakes mtt I expect the players who hold a top pair of aces to not be able to fold it. So I favor larger sizings across the board than min/20% pot. If we go like 500 otf instead of 250, now we can bet maybe 1500 on the turn reasonably, and shove river, all being reasonable bet sizes relative to the pot. The biggest sizing mistake here is on the turn though imo, 500 into 2240 is way too small. You got called in 3 spots otf on A77r, granted it was a min-bet, but at least one of these guys rates to have an ace, and probably 2 of them. So bet more like 1200-1500 here imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com