Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Minimum amount of words for Blogs?

Old
Minimum amount of words for Blogs? - Tue Jul 01, 2014, 05:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
The Blog section is generally pretty decent, some excellent blogs, but there does seem to have been a proliferation of blogs that are very limited in content such as as just giving the result of a tourney, literally nothing else, I don't see the point in those.

Could something be implemented where there is a minimum amount of words required before a blog can be submitted? Not a ridiculous amount but enough so that people actually give some details on hands played rather than half a line of text.

Just a minor peeve.

Is this something that has to be e-mailed to the ever so lovely support staff at PSO?

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 07:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi
yes,you are right, it does need to be emailed to PSO support

Good luck at the tables.

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
The Blog section is generally pretty decent, some excellent blogs, but there does seem to have been a proliferation of blogs that are very limited in content such as as just giving the result of a tourney, literally nothing else, I don't see the point in those.

Could something be implemented where there is a minimum amount of words required before a blog can be submitted? Not a ridiculous amount but enough so that people actually give some details on hands played rather than half a line of text.

Just a minor peeve.

Is this something that has to be e-mailed to the ever so lovely support staff at PSO?
In the Home Games PSO series, they have an event that has bounties on the PSO Team members and to claim the extra Leaderboard points for eliminating one of these members, you have to post the winning hand in your Blog and title it I knocked out a PSO Team Member.

So there will be lots of Blogs with just that, the winning hand to claim the points.

Hope this clears that part up for you ?

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 03:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
There is the one person that posts

Game 51

5658 runners out in 4728

What a waste of Blog space

Just my thoughts

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 04:08 PM
(#5)
Bill, I can understand those ones, even if I think there could be a bit more content to them or whatever.

I have no issue with that.

I think shirshot gets what I am on about.

EDIT: And I just want to add that I am not getting at one person, although it might seem like that if the person that was used as an example reads it, I just think the whole idea of a blog is to give thoughts and stuff of interest. Not tournament results. We can all check Sharkscope.

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 04:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
There is the one person that posts

Game 51

5658 runners out in 4728

What a waste of Blog space

Just my thoughts
You could post a comment in their blog.

Probably would be better for them, if they are just tracking games, to do so in a forum 'member blog' thread.

Works for me. They may not be aware of the option.

Member Blogs
Post your poker blog in this forum and use it as your diary. Discuss your evolution as a poker player here.
Ed's 2014 Poker Ramblings Today - 11:40 AM by EdinFreeMan

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 05:20 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
Hiya;

Blogs people post for many reasons, some to be viewed by others some for there own personal diary and so on.

I not real sure why it should bother someone if it 10 words long or 25,000 words long, just read the ones you would like and skip the ones you not like. To each there own.

At this time we have NO plans to put a minimum amount of words for someone to post a blog

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 07:17 PM
(#8)
I'll send my suggestion to PSO Support anyway if it sits fine with you Brian. I know it will likely be ignored but sure I might as well.

Cheers.

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 09:06 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
Always feel free to email support

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com