Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

open league tactics

Old
open league tactics - Tue Jul 01, 2014, 01:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2009
BronzeStar
hi, ive been sitting waiting till the field gets to 2500 players. if the field is 10k it always goes to hand to hand play just b4 the field gets to 2500 players.im under the impression thats when the points start? once the field gets to 2500 i usually have about 900-1k chips and start to play and usually will go in with pockets 88s and up,and an ace with a face card. its my first month playing the open league and finished 712th. what to you think of my play?

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 04:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
You definitely want to be super tight in the early stages, there's nothing worse than busting early in OSL game. Most regulars will say to play only KK or AA early and this is not bad advice (personally I play a little looser but not much). When you get towards "ITM", which for a field of 10,000 is 1490 I think, you can open up a little and try to make a deep run by playing how you normally would in a tourney. Obviously the deeper you go the better it is for your score, to find out exactly how the scoring works you can find the formula here.

Good luck in the league!

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 01, 2014, 05:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2009
BronzeStar
hi chris ty for your reply, i think im on the right track going by your comments, i maybe need to loosen up a bit if the situation is right early on.totally agree when in the money it changes and gives us the chance to play poker. my best place was 42 and i want to better that this month and maybe make a final table.ive watched a few final tables just so i know what its going to be like.

good luck to you at the tables and thanks again

stephen

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com