Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Timebanking Note For First Time Prem Players

Old
Timebanking Note For First Time Prem Players - Thu Jul 03, 2014, 02:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
This is just a note to anyone now and in the future that is enjoying their first ever month in the premier league.

First of all congratulations and i sincerely hope you do well.

Now down to business.

In the Open league you are playing thousands of players, many of whom don't really care about the league, or playing properly and as such timebanking is recognised as an tool to help people score regular points and do well in the league. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is.

In the premier league timebanking does not work the way it works in the open league.

Firstly many of the players have been in the league for many months and play good solid poker.
Secondly 95% of the players are looking to do well, and as such care about the league and their position and playing good poker.

Timebanking on every single hand does not get you anywhere near the points as you just get blinded out. The standard of play is such that in order to make the points you have to play poker.
It only serves to annoy the older players and disrupt the flow of the game.

There are certain spots where timebanking may not be liked but can be understood but it is certainly not for the duration of the game.

So guys, well done on making it to the premier league, good luck in the league and please don't timebank every single hand. You're with the good players now. It won't work

Thank You For Reading.

Old
open leauge - Fri Jul 04, 2014, 05:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
why timebanking in open leauge is forbidden and they froze my account for 1 month... they say it was illegal... is it time time banking is a part of strategy just to survive inm the leauge right.??? there should be a protest for all the regular in open skillleauge .

Old
Fri Jul 04, 2014, 10:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2013
It is massively annoying.

I really did not enjoy my first month in the premier at all. Did enough to cash and then stopped playing. The constant time-banking just seems to push the tourney to a point where after 90-120minutes virtually 90% of the remaining players are sitting with 10-15bb's and it just becomes a shove/fold game.

That said if people want to timebank that's up to them. Maybe some players prefer being in a shove fold game because they feel that it levels the playing field a bit. Its difficult to be outplayed if the only decision you have to make is whether to shove pre.

Old
Fri Jul 04, 2014, 11:58 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwenas_Me View Post
why timebanking in open leauge is forbidden and they froze my account for 1 month... they say it was illegal... is it time time banking is a part of strategy just to survive inm the leauge right.??? there should be a protest for all the regular in open skillleauge .
I cannot comment on this. Until i made the premier league i used to timebank myself in the open league. My first few games in the premier league i timebanked as well until i realised it didn't serve the same purpose as it did in the open league.
After a few games in the open league you realise that playing good solid poker, leaves you with more gambling situations than is comfortable due to the player types you encounter. After a while you realise that by only playing AA, KK and AK and using your maximum alloted time but folding all other hands you make the points 90% of the time. It's unfortunate but like i say. it's the way it is.
In the premier league, most of the guys have been there a while so you actually need to play in order to score any points. It takes a couple games to realise but once you realise it then you can play the poker you wanted to in the open league.

I'm sorry if pokerstars are clamping down on it (i have seen no evidence other than the odd player comment so can't confirm or deny if they are or not) but it really is a big issue in the open league.

Taking the maximum alloted time for each and every hand is a game spoiler. It's unfortunate that for more and more people it is becoming the only way to achieve points but until they do something about either the structure, or the players they are allowing into the league games then it's something that's going to continue for the near future at least.

If you wish to start a protest then by all means do so but start a new thread in the relevant part of the forum.

Thank You.

Old
Sat Jul 05, 2014, 12:04 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by etchos View Post
It is massively annoying.

I really did not enjoy my first month in the premier at all. Did enough to cash and then stopped playing. The constant time-banking just seems to push the tourney to a point where after 90-120minutes virtually 90% of the remaining players are sitting with 10-15bb's and it just becomes a shove/fold game.

That said if people want to timebank that's up to them. Maybe some players prefer being in a shove fold game because they feel that it levels the playing field a bit. Its difficult to be outplayed if the only decision you have to make is whether to shove pre.
Are you sure it was the premier league? I've been in the premier league for a few months and sure the first few games of the month sees frequent timebankers but mostly that's because people are adapting from joining from the open league.
I agree with you that it IS massively annoying which is why i put this polite notice here for new premier league members to consider.
I'm sorry if you had a bad first time in the premier league but take it from my experience, outside of the first few games timebanking is few and far between. It normally only occurs if someone is super short and trying to last a few players more for points, or they are on the boundary of scoring points, or on either the money bubble, or final table bubble as there are sizeable point jumps on those bubbles.

Like i've said the intention of this is to allow new players to read the message. Tell them that it doesn't work the same as in the open just so that they are aware of it and the displeasure it brings to their fellow players. Whether they take it on board and stop, take it on board and continue, or simply ignore it is completely up to them.

Old
Thu Jul 10, 2014, 08:17 AM
(#6)
they all move to premier regular of open.........coz the winning tactics before in open is time banking or some call it stalling... coz pokerstars support group says its illegal and my account banned twice 10 days then 1 month so do u think time banking in every hand is really illegal??coz for me its a tactic/ strategy to survive versus to those who played only for the $10 prize of open leauge... what do u think about time banking/stalling is it really illegal??

***Moved to correct thread***

Last edited by royalraise85; Thu Jul 10, 2014 at 09:13 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 11, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwenas_Me View Post
they all move to premier regular of open.........coz the winning tactics before in open is time banking or some call it stalling... coz pokerstars support group says its illegal and my account banned twice 10 days then 1 month so do u think time banking in every hand is really illegal??coz for me its a tactic/ strategy to survive versus to those who played only for the $10 prize of open leauge... what do u think about time banking/stalling is it really illegal??

***Moved to correct thread***
This is a highly divisive and highly subjective question.
I think the blunt answer is no.
I have tried to write an answer to this but i find that nomatter how i structure it i run into problems.
There's no definitive answer because it's the kind of question that involves morality and also legality.
Is it illegal to use your alloted time? no Is it morally right to do it? yes/no. It's one of those things that can have strong answers from both sides of the coin.
My side of the coin i believe i have covered but i can't answer as to the rest of the poker population.

Old
Sat Jul 12, 2014, 07:22 PM
(#8)
im talking about the time bamking in open leauge not here in premier why they move me here

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com