Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Bad bluff target !

Old
Bad bluff target ! - Thu Jul 03, 2014, 03:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It is a $1.65 buyin MTT with 89 players on some other website. 1500 starting stack and 7 mins blind level.

We both had 1500 starting stack it was 3rd hand of the tourny. It is super fish infested MTT.

People are saying it's a bad idea to bluff fish

Maybe it's a fold in 1st level but post-flop I could have just given up, I don't know what I should have done post-flop differently other then just giving up once opponent called my C-bet.

Blinds: 10/20

New game
My Hole Cards

Preflop
sursrav (UTG) folded
sshukla (MP) folded
10ce30012 (HJ) folded
adikumar2010 (CO) raised to 60
zuki77 (B) folded
anand1689 (SB) folded
seesaffron (BB) called 40

Flop cards Pot Size: 130

seesaffron checked
adikumar2010 raised 66
seesaffron called 66

Turn card Pot Size: 262

seesaffron checked
adikumar2010 raised 159
seesaffron called 159

River card Pot Size: 580

seesaffron checked
adikumar2010 raised 390
seesaffron called 390

adikumar2010 shows
seesaffron shows

Winner seesaffron amount 1360, One Pair,

Old
Fri Jul 04, 2014, 06:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Remember that old saying that goes something like this... Play tight against loose players and play loose against tight players? Well this is a prime example of why this saying still holds true.

Raising preflop is fine and I too would c-bet the flop but giving up on the turn is best especially at this blind level and against fish. The turn card gives you an extra out but it's not a bad card for his range.#

Bluffing off nearly half of our chips at this stage of the tournament is a massive leak.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Fri Jul 04, 2014, 07:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
I think if I was up against even 1% sane player he would have thrown away his hand at some point. I was very much sure that he is either on draw or have very weak pair. So read wise I was correct, but the next thing I should know if they are capable of throwing away bottom pair.

It's like you if you are 5-betting preflop a fish with whatever hand you have, and you put him on TT-JJ or AK. You know that almost every good player will fold once 5-betted but other thing we should know is if that player is capable of folding JJ preflop, if not then no point bluffing them.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com