Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Shooting Stats Tactics - Any Advice?

Old
Default
Shooting Stats Tactics - Any Advice? - Sat Jul 05, 2014, 10:04 AM
(#1)
SasoriHayate's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 101
BronzeStar
can anyone tell me a tactic for the shooting stats?
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 05, 2014, 10:09 AM
(#2)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasoriHayate View Post
can anyone tell me a tactic for the shooting stats?
BET BET BET BET

Ed


4 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Thu Jul 10, 2014, 01:52 PM
(#3)
fubarcdn's Avatar
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
What Edin said. Always bet until you are out of ammo.
Also try to figure out exactly how the post flop agression number is determined and if you figure that out let me know because I always think my number is higher than it is. Not getting that right is holding me back.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jul 14, 2014, 03:53 PM
(#4)
SasoriHayate's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 101
BronzeStar
I still not understand how the same guys after the first games they are in top 3 for shooter factor. Just look at this screenshoot and see how dimit2001 climbed 1500 places by playing only 1 game that when he finished in 753th.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jul 14, 2014, 05:44 PM
(#5)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasoriHayate View Post
I still not understand how the same guys after the first games they are in top 3 for shooter factor. Just look at this screenshoot and see how dimit2001 climbed 1500 places by playing only 1 game that when he finished in 753th.
Oh good I am up to 17th.

Second clue.

BET/BET/BET BUT BE PREPARED TO BET/BET/FOLD....

You need to win ALL or MOST of your showdowns - if you don't have the NUTS - you don't want to see the showdown...

If you only win one showdown all month - but it is the only one you saw, you have 100% win at showdown.

Aim for 80%++ win at showdown %.

Ed


4 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 15, 2014, 08:48 AM
(#6)
SasoriHayate's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 101
BronzeStar
Thank you very much eddie. This info is very very usefull
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 15, 2014, 10:07 PM
(#7)
fubarcdn's Avatar
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Again what Eden said.
As a byproduct by limiting the number of showdowns I stay to I have managed to get the under 400 positions 3 times and get into the big bang so besides the stats leaderboard maybe this is a better way to get a better league score. Next month when you beat me out by 1 position I will be cursing you.
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 26, 2014, 12:07 AM
(#8)
cleobuddy's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 67
To explain it a bit more in detail, half your score is related to a play factor multiplier while the other half is related to a showdown win percentage multiplier. At any given time your showdown win % can potentially go from 0 to 100% in one hand early on in the month and this can drastically shoot you up the leaderboard. The downside is that you can plummet almost just as fast if you lose an otherwise solid 85-15 chance at showdown. The key is actually not to focus on showdown win % but on P+Q+R/S+T+U. Keep that high and you will do well avoiding showdowns that are not sure things. Showdown win % is something that looks after itself automatically when you are disciplined. You' ll know the nuts when you see it. Play good hands, bet them through and fold them first chance you get if you have any about having a winner. In time you will realize you have to be very selective and look for players who like to min raise. Calling stations are your nemesis, but you can sometimes shake them off by incremental betting or a pot size+ bet. The upside is that you can see more hands waiting for opportunities and that will score you league points and help your play factor. The best strategy, IMHO, is actually to also play for the trickiness leaderboard at the same time. I say that because you' ll be flirting with perfection and sleeping little trying to win either one outright. Trying for perfection can be maddening since you will likely find that you are blinded into an all-in occasionally in situations where you don't expect it. Stuff like that can zap four points right off your score and send you down 10 or 20 spots with little hope of recovering. Study the formulas closely. Model them in spreadsheets to guide you. Identify the situations that are point lucrative in your play for each leaderboard. In order words--become aware of what the consequences are of acting on any given hand. Have fun.
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 26, 2014, 05:16 AM
(#9)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleobuddy View Post
To explain it a bit more in detail, half your score is related to a play factor multiplier while the other half is related to a showdown win percentage multiplier. At any given time your showdown win % can potentially go from 0 to 100% in one hand early on in the month and this can drastically shoot you up the leaderboard. The downside is that you can plummet almost just as fast if you lose an otherwise solid 85-15 chance at showdown. The key is actually not to focus on showdown win % but on P+Q+R/S+T+U. Keep that high and you will do well avoiding showdowns that are not sure things. Showdown win % is something that looks after itself automatically when you are disciplined. You' ll know the nuts when you see it. Play good hands, bet them through and fold them first chance you get if you have any about having a winner. In time you will realize you have to be very selective and look for players who like to min raise. Calling stations are your nemesis, but you can sometimes shake them off by incremental betting or a pot size+ bet. The upside is that you can see more hands waiting for opportunities and that will score you league points and help your play factor. The best strategy, IMHO, is actually to also play for the trickiness leaderboard at the same time. I say that because you' ll be flirting with perfection and sleeping little trying to win either one outright. Trying for perfection can be maddening since you will likely find that you are blinded into an all-in occasionally in situations where you don't expect it. Stuff like that can zap four points right off your score and send you down 10 or 20 spots with little hope of recovering. Study the formulas closely. Model them in spreadsheets to guide you. Identify the situations that are point lucrative in your play for each leaderboard. In order words--become aware of what the consequences are of acting on any given hand. Have fun.
All good points.

The P+Q+R/S+T+U is key in that it affects both halves of the point scoring equation. One side is then related to your showdown wins which you need to be very disciplined about and the other is just the number of hands dealt into which takes care of itself.

It is basically a percentage - how often you open bet on post-flop rounds that you see.

This leads to a strange consequence of the shooting stats leaderboard. Position is crucial, and for shooting you need to be sure you can open the betting on post flop rounds - which means playing hands OUT OF POSITION.

The blinds are your friends. The small blind especially. Passive preflop blind play gives you the position to open bet post flop. You can open bet every flop from the small blind, or from the big blind when the small blind folds pre, then fold to action or continue to bet the turn if you get called, or if you have hit a very good hand or draw. Then if you see the river card you can assess your chance of winning the hand at showdown - and OPEN FOLD to avoid showdowns when you have a poor chance of winning.

This should give you a minimum post flop betting frequency of 66% - betting one or two post flop rounds 100% and only if seeing three rounds open folding the river. You should always bet flop and turn if you see them. Sometimes you will get opponents to fold on those rounds or will fold to reraises - so you have open bet 100% flops and turns. If you get to see the river card most times you will have to open fold - only betting with the nuts for your showdown wins.

Take those blind spots early when the bets cost less.

And don't do what I often do - shove AA or KK preflop. You will most likely get called somewhere, have zero % post-flop betting on all three rounds and lose at showdown too often to any trash.

Ed


4 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 26, 2014, 06:06 PM
(#10)
SasoriHayate's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 101
BronzeStar
Thanks both edin and cleo for this info. Really helps tho i don't know if i'll play for shooting stats next month but let me see if i get it right.
1.I need to play 5 PSO skill league to be counted on the shooting stats promotion. Let's say i'll win 1 hand in the first tourney at showdown by betting all streets and the next 4 tourneys i'll sit out every hand. Would i get the boost in the top 5 let's say?
2.Let's say i'll play all month tourneys and i'll do this in all tourneys except for that when i know that i'm the winner and i'll bet river too
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...718_FAEF89F7AA
 
Old
Default
Sat Aug 30, 2014, 12:10 PM
(#11)
GARMIN262's Avatar
Since: May 2014
Posts: 40
MMM Shooter Facter a little understandable now, but what does P+Q+R/S+T+U stands for?
When the 1st shooter factor stats was posted i had 10 points now i have like 7....something and totaly out of the money & the number 1 spot,which i had told myself that i would atain. lol that
 
Old
Cool
Sun Nov 02, 2014, 03:30 PM
(#12)
sleepyolman's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Hi Ed & cleo

Very Interesting Stuff

Thanks for the clarity about those stats

Sleepy
 
Old
Default
Tue Nov 11, 2014, 03:25 AM
(#13)
SasoriHayate's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 101
BronzeStar
Ok, had 100 percent showdown winnings but yesterday i lost 1 showdown with second nuts dunno why i went to sd with 2nd nuts ... and after that i lost the second one preflop:> because i was tilted. I know that now is hard to go up in the shooter factor, but for the trickiness do you know if its still possible to go for top 10 let's say?
 
Old
Default
Sun Nov 16, 2014, 05:20 PM
(#14)
mihaitsa83's Avatar
Since: Jul 2014
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
I wanted to ask how is giving points in Liga? and why my points for openliga gone down?
 
Old
Default
Wed Nov 19, 2014, 12:50 PM
(#15)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Hi mihaitsa83,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

YOu can find everything you need to know about the PSO Skill Leagues HERE, including the Scoring Formula. In the Open League positive point will be eared at about 1440 players remaining, in a full field of 10,000.

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions.



You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE.

Hope to see you there!

Joss


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Mar 27, 2015, 02:52 AM
(#16)
Frenchstud's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 101
All good points/ideas/suggestions etc BUt...
Am i wrong by thinking factor that no one mentioned yet? letme explain

Play the Open league to rank there as a priority no?
and WHEN you decide to play/bet etc in hand THEN play tricky/shooter style to bring that score up no?

feels like if you concentrate on bringing those 2 scores up, you can take too much risk to and sacrifice your Open league ranking kinda.

shouldnt these 2 scoring leaderboards be like a secondary goal?
 
Old
Default
Mon Apr 06, 2015, 12:27 AM
(#17)
rivercity121's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 560
Are these stats leaderboards now offering School Pass tickets instead of cash prizes?

First I've heard about it, if it has changed. Maybe I missed something, I don't play for the stats leaderboards.

@Frenchstud or anyone know if this has changed?

Thanks!
 
Old
Default
Tue Apr 07, 2015, 02:36 AM
(#18)
KayZT's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
I just noticed this as well.

https://www.pokerschoolonline.com/ar...es-Every-Month

Looks like they didn't like that people were playing specifically for that leaderboard.
 
Old
Default
Tue Apr 07, 2015, 05:14 AM
(#19)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,026
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercity121 View Post
Are these stats leaderboards now offering School Pass tickets instead of cash prizes?
Hello @rivercity121

Yes, that's correct, informatation has been updated on the promo page here:

Shooting Stats

Cheers,
Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com