Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL25zoom QQ in 4bet pot

Old
NL25zoom QQ in 4bet pot - Sun Jul 06, 2014, 09:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014
This is the first time i post a hand, so if i make any mistakes, feel free to correct me.
villain has a 3bet of 9 over a big sample. his fold to 4bet is 63% I am not sure about my turn/ riverplay.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=60E6F82235

Old
Sun Jul 06, 2014, 02:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Look, here's what I would have done. I would have gotten stacked. I would have bet turn $6.00 and shoved river or XC OTR.

AS PLAYED: I think we can bet fold this river pretty easily. I don't think this villain is going to check back twice and then shove the river with a 10.

Old
Sun Jul 06, 2014, 02:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fonsd,

Thanks for jumping in the HA forum!

You said you have a large sample, so the question I would look to answer here is, how big a fish (or non-fish) is the villain. If this opponent is a sane player, then we can expect to basically never be good here vs. his river shove. We have played our hand in a manner where our range is uncapped imo, meaning we can easily have the strongest hands (AA/AK), so for a sane villain to raise all in on the river he must be crazy strong himself + block these hands (I think AK/AQ largely, and even AQ should feel uncomfortable raising the river).

If the villain is a huge fish, then it's more conceivable we are good... a huge fish who 3b's this aggressively is probably 5b shoving AK pre, allowing us to discount some of those combos. He's probably overvaluing JJ or TT in this spot. And likewise will sometimes show up with something silly like 8d7d which he also overvalues on the river. This doesn't negate better hands, just makes it not near to impossible that we are winning.

In short, bet/fold the river here is a fine option imo unless the villain is a huge fish.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 06, 2014, 03:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi fonsdewolf,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 06, 2014, 03:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2014
The villain is a solid player so looking back at the hand i could fold with confidence, i actually called and when he showed quads i felt really stupid, thx for the comments.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com