Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hahaha, alright. Not even close for you eh? I did end up folding but I wasn't sure.

Old
Mon Jul 07, 2014, 03:46 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
No, not really.

tbh I don't really like calling preflop in this spot when

1) the reraiser is tight
2) the sizing is large

When I think I have some exploitation going on I will call or 4b, but we don't have a large enough sample for that yet. Granted folding AJo here is tight and exploitable, but I just don't think we are getting exploited much in this spot... too often vs. a tight guy for a large sizing we are running it into QQ+/AK.

Flop and turn calls I like. Pretty easy fold to this river sizing imo. We are losing to value 3b's from AK/AQ, and light 3B's from A8, A7, A5. Weaker Ax hands tend to check/call the river in spots like this because they are concerned about their kicker, and their value is coming largely from busted draws and sticky pairs that won't call a big river bet anyway.

Sometimes obv we will be good here, but not enough in my experience when a tight guy has 3b pre, and 3 barreled post, finishing with a very big river sizing.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 11:54 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey Dirt and Dave,

One thing that makes me curious is his sizing.
Flop bet is less than half pot (no A maybe and just JJ?/QQ/KK - as his tight maybe he is not 4b with A8, maybe). Turn bet is half pot on a relative blank. And the river is not a shove, it's a pot bet.
From his sizing I would guess that : flop is not sure, turn gains confidence, river is not certain but for KK, for eg, our line signals no A, no sets, until river, but he is not sure, maybe if we shove over he folds?!.

All in all his sizing might indicate reluctance to commitment.
Although, yes, river bets this large mean the nuts usually , AK maybe (AQ 4b in BB vs btn is hmm ..) - but still, then, his sizing on the flop and turn should've been a little higher to assure commitment on the river.

Am I off with this kind of thinking about sizing?

Regards,
Shoim (Bogdan)

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 11:34 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoim View Post
Hey Dirt and Dave,

One thing that makes me curious is his sizing.
Flop bet is less than half pot (no A maybe and just JJ?/QQ/KK - as his tight maybe he is not 4b with A8, maybe). Turn bet is half pot on a relative blank. And the river is not a shove, it's a pot bet.
From his sizing I would guess that : flop is not sure, turn gains confidence, river is not certain but for KK, for eg, our line signals no A, no sets, until river, but he is not sure, maybe if we shove over he folds?!.

All in all his sizing might indicate reluctance to commitment.
Although, yes, river bets this large mean the nuts usually , AK maybe (AQ 4b in BB vs btn is hmm ..) - but still, then, his sizing on the flop and turn should've been a little higher to assure commitment on the river.

Am I off with this kind of thinking about sizing?

Regards,
Shoim (Bogdan)
If he holds AK he crushes this flop, so the sizing doesn't strike me as a lack of confidence necessarily, at least in his hand strength, but in the case of AK it could be a lack of confidence in his ability to get action. By the river he would figure there's a reasonable chance we have the last ace if we're still in the hand and be going for the big value bet.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 09, 2014, 01:20 AM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
Only read the first bit of the replies:

1) the reraiser is tight
2) the sizing is large

Though 18/17 is loose to me if I used a hud. AF 2.0 is not giving up, so ok with calling. Get a big message on the river.

All I see, is the next best Ace that beats me AQ. Then unwind no flush ridiculous run out 5 makes a straight. So 88 ATs+ to 3bet (77 to 3bet and continue aggressively what do I know).

Fold river bet.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com