Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.50$ Sit & Go 9 Players Raising 55 UTG on the Bubble

Old
0.50$ Sit & Go 9 Players Raising 55 UTG on the Bubble - Tue Jul 08, 2014, 12:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
I'm really sorry but I can't get the hand replayer because this hand was played on a friend's account.

It was approximatly like this:
4 Players remaining Blinds 150/300
Hero UTG: 3200
Villain 1 D: 3400
Villain 2 SB: 4600
Villain 3 BB: 2300

Hero raise to 600 with 55, fold, fold, Villain 3 moves allin for 2300...

First: Is the raise a correct move?
Second: Was 600 too much of my stack to fold to an allin?

Thanks in advance
Alex31010

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 02:05 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Not good at reading text history though blinds level and stacks seem clear.

At 150/300 3K is 10bb 4.5K is 15bb and are we confident to shove 55 with 11bb? That is table dependent with reads on your opponents.

Raise folding is not good and you can push your stack into 15bb and have fold equity.

Just my 2 cents.

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 05:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey,

This is an ICM issue.
With the BB stacks at the table you basically have 2 options pre : shove or fold.
One other thing to consider is that you are UTG - meaning that you are going to pay blinds and antes (btw ante I think ante is 30), for the next two rounds, that equates to 510 chips (300+150+30) - you should also look up the CPR concept.
You also need to take into account that the small stack is paying the same CPR and hence putting his stack on high pressure facing elimination earlier than you if he doesn't act.

Ok, that being said, with an ICM calculator you get this figures (with no reads - the following can change depending on the calling range of villains, and are rather estimates) :
CO (you are the CO 4 handed) :
shove : 29% 22+ A2s+ A4o+ ...
BU can call with 14%
SB can call with 16%
BB can call with 30%

In your case, I think is a close shove, folding is not a good of an option, but not bad aswell. You could raise 2.25BB (rather than just 2) and shove or call on a raise, but that, in my opinion is not the best option.
I recommend you search for PushBot spreadsheet (is a document on the net that can give you a basic idea), or any free ICM calculator/simulator.

Regards,
Shoim (Bogdan)

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 10:05 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Alex,

As Shoim said this is a straight ICM spot... at this blind level I would snap shove 55 first in, and it's not even close tbh. You would need the precise hand details to run it through ICM (exact stacks, there should be antes, etc.) but the shove range should be at least what Shoim came up with in his ICM run, which 55 is well within.

Raise/folding is going to be a significant error I believe. We have to call 1700 more into a pot of about 3250, 1.9-1 on our money with a hand that plays well hot and cold vs. his shoving range. Don't be in this position though, just shove directly when the blinds/antes are at 150/300/50 and everyone's got 15bb or less.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 10:34 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex31010 View Post
I'm really sorry but I can't get the hand replayer because this hand was played on a friend's account.
Please note that this is against the TOS of PokerStars, as a person can only have and play on one account. If you are playing on more than one, this could possibly lead to your account being frozen, the assets confiscated and worst case, having the accounts banned... as it's collusion (cheating).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 10:43 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Please note that this is against the TOS of PokerStars, as a person can only have and play on one account. If you are playing on more than one, this could possibly lead to your account being frozen, the assets confiscated and worst case, having the accounts banned... as it's collusion (cheating).

John (JWK24)
Lol. Do not worry about that, it was played on my account and he wasn't the one playing. We just got caught on a debate about this situation because he spectated me and he wanted to know what would've been the best move. Anyway I guess I should have just shoved in this situation.

Thanks to you all for the replies,

Thehusky95

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com