Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

stealing ATC????

Old
stealing ATC???? - Tue Jul 08, 2014, 09:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

My steal success rates over 45,000 hand sample are the following:

CO 56.5%
BTN 59.5%
SB 68.1%

For instance on the BTN, my steal is succesful around 60% of the time.

Therefore, 0.6 = x^2 => square root (0.6) = 0.77

So here on average against the big blind and the small blind individually they are both folding 77% of the time.

That means it is profitable to open "Any Two Cards" from at least the BTN.

Does that mean I SHOULD open raise ATC more often than not (meaning junk, this does not included hands like , , , where we are playing for value, I am talking about an extreme example) from the BTN, provided I fold postflop if I haven't hit a monster with my hand?

I value your input.

sooner or later, with that , the flop is going to come - lol. Since you are getting into more postflop situations those big hands will come around more often.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 10:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Open 100% of buttons, no... as any opponents who are not brain dead will adjust and start defending and restealing more, something you really don't want.

What it does mean however is that whatever your button steal % is, it should be higher.... i.e. you can profitably push the envelope further.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 10:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi Dave,

I am hoping that they are all brain dead - lol

My attempt to steal is around 40%; Can I push this further, or is that about max?

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 10:44 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Seems like you can, right? Plus you have the advantage of 5nl opponents in general not adjusting well to being exploited like this.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com