Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

I hate bubbling

Old
I hate bubbling - Tue Jul 08, 2014, 11:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It's $3.30 APPT ACOP Mega Giveaway Satellite Stage 2. 10mins blind level and 1500 starting stack.

Top 9 players get $22 Ticket to Stage 3 $22 Satellite, 10th place get $10 real money. 12 players are left and I am 9/12. Although the shorter stack then me are not ultra short they have 6-9BB so very little difference compared to my stack and I think I can still bubble if one of the short stack doubles up.

What should I do here, in a normal game it's a clear shove now I am like on the borderline.

I have 9.5BB and both players can bust me I am sure they will not call light coz of bubble effect but they will not fold AT+, KQ+ and 33+

So once called I am dead:

Last edited by adikumar2010; Tue Jul 08, 2014 at 03:40 PM..

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 03:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Adi,

We have to outlast 2 more players to get paid and there's 3 shorter than us. If there are at least 2 who are significantly shorter, then I'd pass here. If we aren't that far behind them, I'd shove (I do expect to get called only by a super tight range, significantly tighter than what you've run equity against, given the satty situation).

You said the shorter stacks (all on the other table) are all between 6-9bb, so it's close. If it's 6/6/9 and the chip leader is moving them all in every hand, I'd wait. If it's 9/9/8 and the table is playing tight, then I'd leverage the fold equity on a shove here to stay ahead of them.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 03:39 PM
(#3)
So what should I have done the bottom four players including me almost have same stack more or less. So even if one of them double up I am in danger zone and BB is hitting fast as orbit is small.

And the table is playing tight so when called I am beat but I have more fold equity then normal.

What do you suggest !

Old
Fri Jul 11, 2014, 10:13 AM
(#4)
Sorry I didn't understand Mr.Hitman !

Old
Fri Jul 11, 2014, 12:22 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
If we aren't that far behind them, I'd shove (I do expect to get called only by a super tight range, significantly tighter than what you've run equity against, given the satty situation).
Sorry if I was a little tongue tied here and was confusing. I meant if they aren't far behind us, i.e. we all have similar stacks.

Sorry you shoved and got knocked out (obv), no need to post the result, I already know you shoved and ran into a monster. It happens. That doesn't mean the decision was wrong.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 11, 2014, 12:36 PM
(#6)
I got it now behind them means stack wise I thought behind there calling range (equity).

Thanks. I didn't post result coz some people then give result oriented reply, obvs. hand analyzers will be fair.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com