Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Pocket Tens - 6-Max Cash Game

Old
Pocket Tens - 6-Max Cash Game - Tue Jul 08, 2014, 01:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

I don't know if i should be betting the flop here i can get called by 9x but it makes the hand hard to play on the turn if i bet so i check and he checks back and then he x/c turn which looks like a weak pair/ weak Jx maybe.

On the river i go for a small value bet and he raises at which point i think he calls weak Jx 9x and im assuming he will bet clubs and straight draws on the flop.

Im not sure what he does with backdoor spades on the flop but i thought his line looked like a bluff as 66 might bet flop or at least folds the turn and same for 65 i think he can have 65cc though.

Thinking about it now though i dont think he has enough 9x for me to value bet TT on river
Thoughts?

Old
Thu Jul 10, 2014, 07:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
I like the bet sizing for this stake (pre-flop), and also think the check on the flop is good. The bet on the turn is sensible (a delayed cbet can be a good tactic when you have second pair), though I'm not as sure about the river bet - I may have checked for pot control, and called a smallish bet. As it happens, it turns out your instinct was right, though usually calling a river raise will be a losing play in the long run. That said, this depends a lot on the opponent. If the villain was a fish or SLP, then they will often try to bluff their missed draws, so against that sort of player it can be worthwhile.

Last edited by Shodan388; Thu Jul 10, 2014 at 07:38 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com