Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

pocket kings in premier league

Old
pocket kings in premier league - Tue Jul 08, 2014, 08:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2009
BronzeStar
any advice on this hand would be great. should i have got away from this hand after he went all in?

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 09:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Open raise is good, he calls so what do you put him on?
Your reraise I would question. Looks early in game he could draw to flush 2 pair or he could have trips.
So much might beat you here.You might have folded after his raise or look at turn for trips at best.(only 2 outs)
What did you put him on?

Old
. - Tue Jul 08, 2014, 10:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2009
BronzeStar
afetr he called my 1st bet i put him on AK AQ AJ, was thinking if he had a pair he would have raised.after the flop i put him on AJ, thought about the possibility of him having trips also. after beating myself up about this hand i need to take more time to make decisions, i called to quick to his re raise without thinking it through. really mad at myself for not seeing it.my 1st time in the PL and need to be more carefull i guess.

Old
Tue Jul 08, 2014, 10:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'd call the flop bet too and re-evaluate on the turn, since this is a league game. However, if I'm going broke early in one.. it's going to be with AA or KK.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com