Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

MTT Phases

Old
Question
MTT Phases - Wed Jul 09, 2014, 06:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
Hello everyone, I read pokerschool STT & MTT lessons.
There is everything cool, but I have few questions about MTT phases. How can I deterine exactly middle phase? with determine blind levels? or avarage stack in BBs? and also I am inteerested in to determine exactly bubble phase. There is very many kind of MTT I know but, think I need something good determination factors for phases. Thank you forward everyone.

Old
Wed Jul 09, 2014, 10:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
middle stage begins with antes and will last until money bubble.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 09, 2014, 12:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hello GeorgeGreen8

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

Old
Wed Jul 09, 2014, 01:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2013
thanks for your support! can I use this advice for every kind of MTT? I know that when is finishining middle then starting bubble but how can I determine this, exactly when?

Old
Wed Jul 09, 2014, 03:18 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
beginning of bubble is pretty personal. for some its 100 players before the money, for some 300-400 players. at freerolls with massive fields (15k+ players) bubble begins in my opinion 1000 or even 2000 players before the money. Lets say 100k Privilege freeroll at stars where 3600 will get the money, then the bubble begins when around 6000 are left.

play them and you will understand.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 09, 2014, 09:28 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeGreen8 View Post
can I use this advice for every kind of MTT?
It will not apply to satellites nor league games, but will apply to cash MTT's.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 13, 2014, 10:02 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2011
I think the bubble stage will vary depending on the tournament structure, obviously, but also on how you read the other players at the table. At what point are people tightening up and trying to protect their stack too much to ensure they get into the money? That moment will be very specific to your table. If you get a sense this is happening, you can really open up your range and become a lot more aggressive, with the expectation of picking up a lot of chips. If people don't care about the money that much, either because the buy-in was so low or it's mostly recreational players at your table, then the "bubble phase" isn't that significant and you should be more patient and pick your spots. Hope that helps.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com