Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Flopped the nuts and folded on the Turn - 10NL ZOOM Fullring

Old
Flopped the nuts and folded on the Turn - 10NL ZOOM Fullring - Wed Jul 09, 2014, 05:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011

Villain 9(64) - 13/8 - af0.5 - 3bet 0%
Villain 1(56) - 34/27 - af3 - 3bet 5%

Not too much of a sample but gives a general guide.

I think my fold is good but unsure on my line/bet size.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 09, 2014, 06:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
IMO, I think your flop bet is way to small. Yes we flopped the nuts but this is a board that's going to have a TON of action. I would bet close to pot... 75% minimum. I'm also looking to get the money in OTF tbh. We could be free rolling vs. others that have AQ. We're ahead of sets and all 2 pair type hands. There's so much that will give us action it's gross.

As played I think folding the turn is fine but it would be gross to see AQ and KQ in our opponents hands.

Old
Wed Jul 09, 2014, 09:36 PM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Jez,

I agree, given the large % of time we are drawing to 1 out on the river, that folding the turn is prudent. That being said, there's no good reason not to get a lot more of the money in on the flop, up to and including all in if they want to. We have the nuts with a redraw, and 2 opponents showing a willingness to give action. On such a wet, action board I'd c-bet about .85c-1.00, and facing the raise that we did, reraise to about 4-4.25. If called (and not shoved on), I'd be open shoving the turn.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 10, 2014, 03:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
I guess I got a bit slow play happy with only c betting 50% and calling the raise on the flop.

But my hand is kinda face up if I reopen the action and I wanted to keep both players in to stack them both. Maybe I am approaching these spots with the wrong thought process.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 10, 2014, 08:25 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Definitely do not agree that your hand is face up if you bet/3b the flop. There are a lot of decent but non-nut hands, and some draws, a player might do this with.

Your best chance to stack them is to get more money in right now while they both clearly feel they have good hands, as a number of turn cards could change that assessment on their parts.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com