Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Losing Pots - 5NL 6-Max Cash Game

Old
Losing Pots - 5NL 6-Max Cash Game - Thu Jul 10, 2014, 08:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Could you please analyse these hands. Some are really basic, but I need to put myself back on the right track.

Villain 24/14/2.0 3bet 0 fold to 3bet 0 37 hands

Wasn't sure about calling the turn bet, but because it was quite small I decided to call, x/f to river bet - would that be spew?

Villain in this hand is an unknown

Villain in this hand is an unknown. This one is for Paddy, since he recently told me that my 3bet sizing OOP was too small.

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited by pullin1988; Thu Jul 10, 2014 at 08:58 AM..

Old
Thu Jul 10, 2014, 03:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
Hey again pullin.

Hand 1 I would probably bet flop and turn, and check river. I might also check turn and bet river, depends on villain really. Unlucky you ran into a very strong hand here, checking the flop is ok if you think villain will bluff when checked to a lot. I would fold the river too depending on sizing.

I like the way you played hand two with AK. Villain has a lot of ten x in c/calling range otf, and hands that made two pair ott. Nice bet sizing on the flop also.

Hand 3 you increased 3bet sizing to 3.3x. Villain has a 64bb stack, I would be 3betting jacks here with the intention of calling a shove in these positions. Villain is short stacked and presumed recreational, so expect to see several worse hands in their jamming range.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 10, 2014, 04:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
Cheers Paddy

Appreciate the analyse.

Cheers,

Matt

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com