Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Poor Shove in a Knockout Tournament?

Old
Poor Shove in a Knockout Tournament? - Mon Jul 14, 2014, 07:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
I think this is a -EV shove regardless of what he had ?

It's Progressive Knockout $2.20 MTT with 10mins blind level and I am ITM.

Opponent was unknown it was his first hand I thought he limped garbage so my hand will be best as he can have KJ KQ or 22-88 at best plus I have fold equity as I shoved 15BB.

STATS :

Old
Tue Jul 15, 2014, 03:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
This guy is a weak player, you don't need hud stats - Limping any hand here is pretty bad no matter his holding.
AT vs a weak players limping range is a fist pump jam with 16bb.
You deserved to hit a T I think

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 15, 2014, 04:28 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Looks a bit trappy the limp. But in a Progressive KO do you have a big bounty on your head ITM but a way to go in the tourney.

This game is different to the Super KO 50% +50% +fee so a $2.20 it's $1 for the KO reduced prize pool. No idea how to play? Loose for a marginal KO and maybe 2 KO for your money back -- or -- the bounty goes up on your head in these progressive KOs.

Just my blah blah, nothing about the hand. But could a villain be limping light in these games?

Old
Tue Jul 15, 2014, 06:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
I have $3.5 bounty on my head. When you bust a player you earn half of his bounty and half adds on your own head. So I Knocked out like 5 players as far as I remember.

If I had to play this hand all over again with some fish limping and I shoved ATo. My memory says, 55% of the time I have got folds, 40% of the times they had pocket pair or QK KJ JQs,etc and 5% of the time they limped a monster. That's what happened in the past with me with the same scenario.

I think AJ+ and 77+ is clear shove. Then why AT will be a poor shove?

Old
Tue Jul 15, 2014, 03:03 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJez View Post
This guy is a weak player, you don't need hud stats - Limping any hand here is pretty bad no matter his holding.
AT vs a weak players limping range is a fist pump jam with 16bb.
You deserved to hit a T I think
^^ This.

This is a great spot to accumulate chips. Most villains will limp/fold and you will increase the size of your stack quite significantly and when you're called you'll be called by worse hands more often than not.

Super easy shove

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com