Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

It's called the Open Skill League ??

Old
It's called the Open Skill League ?? - Tue Jul 15, 2014, 02:15 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Well the Open Skill League is a misnomer for Skill.

Survival and not playing many hands for 2 hours because of the carnage you see before you.

Tilt? Don't tilt. All you have is shove fold range. After 4 hours there is a glimmer of hope. Well 1c top 90 get paid.

Then it gets much worse because the field hasn't been thinned to any Skill level.

Made a FT in 5 hours and feel sick I didn't take it down. So I can take 2 points from this:

1) Sick not winning, 2) Didn't tilt.

7256 players
$10.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
Total Prize Pool: $10.00 USD
Tournament started 2014/07/15 2:00:00 WET [2014/07/14 21:00:00 ET]

Dear ForrestFive,

You finished the tournament in 8th place. A USD 0.12 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Old
Tue Jul 15, 2014, 10:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
The prize money is not in the individual games but in your cumulative effort for the month. You have to play a lot of games very well to make the first page of the monthly leader board and that will pay off in the long run by making you a better player and that is what the school is trying to acheive.
I have not been paid by PSO for this message but if they do send me a ticket to anything it will be graciously appreciated.

Old
Wed Jul 16, 2014, 12:00 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Yes, my perspective of the carnage seen, was playing one or two Open League Skill --or-- a $1 Skill qualifier.

With a volume of games you probably can survive into the leader points.

Old
Fri Aug 08, 2014, 01:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Well the Open Skill League is a misnomer for Skill.
I think they left out a word tween the words open & skill

Last edited by CrimeZone; Fri Aug 08, 2014 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com