Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

1 month @ 50NL ZOOM

Old
1 month @ 50NL ZOOM - Tue Jul 15, 2014, 08:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I've decided to play 1 full month at 50NL zoom. I'm properly rolled so I thought I would give it a shot!

Here's how it's going so far... after 30k hands.

I was playing a 25/20 LAG style for the first 18k hands and then I switched to a 20/18 TAG style for the last 12k hands.

(You'll see that I'm getting SMOKED in the BB) Am I defending too wide? Any recommendations? Is this normal in the BB?

Old
Mon Jul 21, 2014, 02:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm not sure if this is a new fad to do @ 6-max or not. I've played 125 hands today and this has happened twice now... Players to XR bluff the turn with next nothing? Anyone else seeing this happen more frequently? Maybe it's because XR turn is "supposed to be the nuts"?

First hand I wasn't happy about. Really wanted to fold turn which made me mad once I followed through.

(147 hands): 22/17/3.3

Second hand... never folding obviously.

(137 hands): 28/20/6.0

Old
Mon Jul 21, 2014, 09:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I think with the KQo hand the villain is a thinking type player and was trying to turn the bottom of his range into a bluff. The problem I see with that there is the bottom of his range is too low. Defending 89o just seems bad... If it was suited and he had the flush draw then things make a lot more sense, though maybe still rather bad considering the K hits your range much harder. Looks like villain is making mistakes preflop that are compounding themselves with even bigger mistakes later in the hand. Worked out well for you!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com