Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Pocket Aces in late position - what i did wrong ?

Old
Pocket Aces in late position - what was wrong ? - Thu Jul 17, 2014, 02:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014

So I lost my full bankroll again; and this time there was no tilt and no nothing. This is the last hand I played. Now tell me please what the hell should I do to keep my bankroll far from this kind of hands? I just can`t understand anymore anything.

Old
Thu Jul 17, 2014, 05:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
im no cash game player but limping 3x with AA pre is not the way to start surely , it gives anyone behind the odds to call, but dont see him folding tp2ndk and he gets lucky rr hrt, so besides pre you just got unlucky.
these are beats that happen and are part of poker.
ive been on a 3mnth downer, and i know some of it is variance but also know some is bad play by me trying to chase lost money.
have a break,check your hand histories and see if you are making mistakes(limp calling with AA) come back when your in a different frame of mind other than " why are these hands always getting beat" a break really does help.

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 04:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
You should have 3bet pre but that wouldn't have made a difference as he will call that too.

It's just a bad beat, nothing to do about it

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 09:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2014
imho you should have reraised pre to at least 24. And if you got raised again push all in pre flop. Probably he would have called that anyway.
Going all in after the flop wasn't a great move in my opinion. But maybe I see it wrong because I am just learning the game and far from being an expert.

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 09:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
As others have said, definitely three bet the first villain. In the long run that will make it a profitable play, and yes, aces will win you the most money.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com