pocket Q"s - Fri Jul 18, 2014, 08:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014

I want my school money back .

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 09:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
That's just ugly. Not much you can really do here.

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 11:51 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi donna1906!

The initial raise amount here is way too big. When playing, I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.. something that I need to avoid.
A standard raise in this situation, is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 60.

When there is a shorter stack shove and a call, it's absolutely the correct play to re-shove.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 06:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2014
Hi John , ty for the reply.

Normally I hold the rule of 4 x BB and 1 BB per limper as is suggested in the course here. So normally I would have raised 80 here.
But when the blinds are still low and if I have a good hand I like to raise a bit more to narrow the field down before the flop.

But even if I had played it like you suggested the outcome would have been the same wouldn't it ?

But I see your point too and ty for that.

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 07:02 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
When playing, you can't think about the outcome, as I don't want to be results oriented. I want to make the best play for a given point in time based on the information that I have available... that's it.

After I make my decision, whatever happens, happens.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com