Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

MicroMillions 8 - TT on the BTN - Tournament Hand

Old
MicroMillions 8 - TT on the BTN - Tournament Hand - Fri Jul 18, 2014, 10:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2014
It's $2.20+R Action Hour Micro Millions #10 with 10min structure and 5000 starting stack.

I am not very happy with how I played the hand. I would have been happy playing it like this with stacks 70 to 80BB deep. But I am not really sure at this depth. I think I should have bet much more - is that right?

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 11:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 12:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi KumarLuv!

Preflop with TT on the button, I'm going to make a standard raise and see if I can isolate the limper and raise to 160 (3BB+1BB for each limper).

I see a 4-way flop with one overcard and it checks to me. I'm going to make a value bet here and size it once again as a standard bet. Postflop bets need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 3 opps, a standard bet is 3/4 pot, so I will bet 120.

The opp checks to me again on the turn and once again, I'm going to make a standard value bet. With one opp, a standard bet is 1/2 pot, so I will bet 200. I do not want to overbet, I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.. something that I need to avoid.

When the river is an overcard and the opp checks again, I'm going to check behind and go to showdown, as my hand does have showdown.

The keys here are to raise preflop, then make standard bets on the flop and turn... no more, no less than a standard bet.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 12:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2014
Thanks for that John.

So, the stack sizes are irrelevant in this scenario, ain't it?

~luv

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 12:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
As long as nobody is going to be pot-committed and that everyone has 15x the bet in order to setmine.. then I'm making standard bets.

If the stacks were under 15x or one of my bets would pot-commit me or an opp.. then I can look more into that, but when everyone's deep, I want to be making standard consistent bets to avoid bet tells.

Spotting bet tells like this is something that I'm always watching for when I'm playing and it's amazing how many people do them. Once they have to showdown a hand, I'll know from then on out what type of hand they have based on their bets and be able to exploit them over and over.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com