Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Shove fest

Old
Shove fest - Fri Jul 18, 2014, 01:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It's $3 Satellite on a fish infested website. It's a 5mins level turbo MTT.

I am approx less then half way into the satellite.

Blinds: 25/50, 8 Handed at the moment

Preflop:

Position (Stack): Action

UTG (970): Limps 50
UTG+1: Hero (1375): Raises to 200
MP: Folds
Hi-Jack: Folds
Cut-off (1415): Calls 200
Button (1375): Calls 200
SB (1660): Calls 200
BB (3770): Calls 200
UTG (970): Calls 200

Flop: , Pot Size: 1200

SB: Moves all-in for 1460
BB: Moves all-in for 2515
UTG: Moves all-in for 670
UTG+1 (Hero): (Pot Size: 5845)
CO: Action Pending
Button: Action Pending

I can easily call if there are 2 shoves before me but 3 shoves someone will have two pair or set I think. Plus one of them might have small flush draw so I don't even have 9 spades outs I might have 6 outs at best coz anyone can also have single spade in his hole card.

I think my queen and ace will not be alive only flush draw with at best 7 outs.

I can tell you that this is total fish website and if 4 players are all-in I never fold over-pair to the board and 8 out of 10 times I am ahead.

I just don't feel like calling 3 shoves here.

What should I do here?

Old
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 03:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Old
Sat Jul 19, 2014, 12:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi adi,

With 23bb left in our stack and a multi-way all in (fish infested no less), I can't get the chips in fast enough with 2 big overs + the nut flush draw.

We easily have a great price to go for it here. What are we protecting? 23bb's? It's not like we are putting a huge pile at risk. A successful result here, however, and a huge pile is exactly what we'll have.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com