Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Note: 10NLz x4 raise utg gets a call, cbet called - mucks turn

Old
Note: 10NLz x4 raise utg gets a call, cbet called - mucks turn - Sat Jul 19, 2014, 03:34 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Don't know if this is seen often - mucking cards. So asking the question here.

I looked up my opponent in the zoom lobby and playing 4x 10NL tables.

We have co TT facing utg open. I'm a little concerned about flatting here - do we 3bet into 3 players yet to complete action?

Anyway a call gets us position. Facing cbet and not believing K96r we call? Now what is happening the villain mucks turn deuce.

Is it too much volume 4 zoom tables, to check or embarrassment continuing? Happy we get the option to not have any more decisions.

An unusual question but does an "open muck" means they throw cards face up?

Old
Sat Jul 19, 2014, 06:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Well i would be taking a note as he is probably cbetting Kx with trash and is in a rush to see his next hand.

Old
Sat Jul 19, 2014, 05:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

Preflop flat is perfect. I don't think we want to fold out his bluffs nor do we want to face a 4b without some kind of read. Call on the flop is fine as well.

Turn is funny. I always lol when someone open folds into me like this (it doesn't happen often but never gets old when it does lol). I assume it is some hand with no value at all, but it seems strange on this board, even the pure steals with no high card value will have picked up a gut shot or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
he is probably cbetting Kx with trash and is in a rush to see his next hand.
He is certainly not open folding top pair or any hand that has some potential to win in a showdown, or improve to the best hand.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 19, 2014, 05:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi Forrest,

Preflop flat is perfect. I don't think we want to fold out his bluffs nor do we want to face a 4b without some kind of read. Call on the flop is fine as well.

Turn is funny. I always lol when someone open folds into me like this (it doesn't happen often but never gets old when it does lol). I assume it is some hand with no value at all, but it seems strange on this board, even the pure steals with no high card value will have picked up a gut shot or something.

He is certainly not open folding top pair or any hand that has some potential to win in a showdown, or improve to the best hand.
I ment he is probably cbetting his entire range on Kxx and so he is giving up a ton on the turn.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com