Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

How could i of got more value?

Old
How could i of got more value? - Sat Jul 19, 2014, 02:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
I have thought of this in a few different ways.
please take a look and decide if i should of
a) Reraised the raiser preflop risking them possibly folding
b) Just called there raise and gained value on later streets
C) called there after flop raise instead of reraising and play it slow but risk them drawing a better hand
D)or any other way

My thinkin was he didnt have a set with a small raise like that, he may have had a pair of queens or AQ. A pair of queens would be dangerous if the turn or river landed a Q so i think i played it correctly and protected my hand.

My problem is i keep thinkin i scared him off and lost value from streets ahead. Any thoughts?

Last edited by NUFF-SED1; Sat Jul 19, 2014 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: REPOSTED THE CORRECT HAN NOW

Old
Sat Jul 19, 2014, 07:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I think you posted the wrong hand. (correct hand now)

Ok its hard at 2nl to make absolute statements. You played the hand as I would have done and I think in 90% of cases If the player had a pair or a draw you would get paid.

the thing here is to know your Villain, how was he or she playing? Tight Loose passive aggressive , this will help give a range of hands he or she will play, Next notes are vital, does he or she play pairs aggressively does he or she like to semi bluff, will he or she only play strong made hands.

Different people will tell you different things but at 2nl there is no need to get fancy. Play solid hands and don't worry about bluffs. As you build up a bank roll now is the time to put those notes to good use and steal more blinds against tighter players or to play speculative hands against tight passive players but for for now play solid bet your strang made hands and don't be afraid to hit fold against very aggressive plays.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Sat Jul 19, 2014 at 09:10 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com