Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Re-raised on the tern

Old
Re-raised on the tern - Sun Jul 20, 2014, 03:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi all

Looking over this hand I’m wondering whether I should have called here. I’m thinking I’m way ahead or way behind here so when he re-raise here I feel I’m way behind so fold. I have 98 hands on this player starts are 17/11 with an AF of 1.2. They look like a solid player.

Michael

Old
Sun Jul 20, 2014, 05:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
I think folding here was the right play. A raise on fourth street is a very strong play, and due to the villains early position, I think we need to give him credit here. I think you played the hand perfectly.

Also, although it's not a conclusive hand sample, I would say that the villain's stats so far appear to represent a sort of tight / passive / maybe semi - aggressive line, so that would be another reason to feel good about laying down the pocket tens.

Last edited by Shodan388; Mon Jul 21, 2014 at 09:36 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com