Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Should I Have Folded Pocket Kings? - 2NL Cash Game Hand

Old
Should I Have Folded Pocket Kings? - 2NL Cash Game Hand - Sun Jul 20, 2014, 05:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014
BronzeStar
this is the first time i have posted a hand for review so might not have done it right. i wanted to know if i made a bad or good decision.

i folded pocket K's.

i think the part of my game that i want to improve is not folding when someone applies pressure because i think they have it, as often they dont.

but in this situation i put my opponent on possibly a set of Q's, two pair maybe A,Q.

he made a big bet on the river but he definetley liked when the Q came down on the turn and the A on the river did not slow him down.

did i make a bad or good decision.

i hope this hand replayer thing works right

Old
Mon Jul 21, 2014, 03:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by $uperman77 View Post
this is the first time i have posted a hand for review so might not have done it right. i wanted to know if i made a bad or good decision.

i folded pocket K's.

i think the part of my game that i want to improve is not folding when someone applies pressure because i think they have it, as often they dont.

but in this situation i put my opponent on possibly a set of Q's, two pair maybe A,Q.

he made a big bet on the river but he definetley liked when the Q came down on the turn and the A on the river did not slow him down.

did i make a bad or good decision.

i hope this hand replayer thing works right

i think he has a set on the flop

Old
Mon Jul 21, 2014, 05:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi,

I think preflop, size your 3bet much bigger 3x, so 18cent.

On the flop, cbet. I would make it around 2/3 pot, as you want to go for value. You could go for 1/2pot to induce worse hands to call.

It's a difficult decision on the turn, because it would appear that villain is an unknown, and so villain could be doing this with anything. He could be a total maniac and be raising anything, or he could be a nit peddling the nuts.

Usually though a turn raise indicates strength, and so you could fold here and get more info on villain later in the game and build up reads from there.

If you are curious, I guess you could call his raise on the turn (since it is only twice the size of your bet) and see what villain does on the river - if he checks then you could check behind and make a note on what he raised the turn with. If you note however, how the aggression went from you to him suggests that he has hit something. I think the river is now a fold.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Mon Jul 21, 2014, 09:01 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
I agree with pullin,
Pre make a bigger 3bet.
You could call turn but the river is a fold for sure.

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 03:02 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2014
BronzeStar
Sorry for the late reply to your advice, i agree with my 3bet pre flop i usually do make it 3x dont know why i didnt this time i was probably just not concentrating at the time. Thank for the advice and views.

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 02:33 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
The stats of the villain is also worth considering, but as others have said, it's a definite fold. I would fold here on the turn unless the player was a maniac / big fish. A turn raise is a very powerful play, so it should set alarm bells ringing once you get raised - especially true if the villain is passive. Pre-flop, I would make it 3x.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com