Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL ZOOM, KJo in MP

Old
50NL ZOOM, KJo in MP - Sun Jul 20, 2014, 07:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
So this hand kinda sucks, I think PF is ok, but not great.

OTF: plan here was to XR... fail

OTT: I think this turn call is a big mistake.

OTR: I really wanted to fold, I think the BB shows up with QQ here like 95% of the time?

I guess what I'm asking is, what would you do OTT and we're obviously not raising river, I guess we need to call considering we peeled the turn?

BTN(4 tabling from Russia)

BB(2 tabling from Romania)

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 02:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Pre I'd fold KJo and call KJs here, although the immediate odds are great this hand will most often just flop a pair and get you into multiway trouble vs strong ranges (which at least 1 of them will probably have given the action).

Turn I'd just call, I think doing anything else just looks way too strong and gets us isolated vs better mostly. We can still shove good rivers like this one for value or make folds as appropriate (there will be quite a number of cards I'd still consider folding on).

Live Trainer

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 01:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Agree with Felix.

It's just a really bad hand multiway with pretty horrid reverse implied odds.

Post flop is obviously fine. Shove river.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com