Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

very weird hand

Old
very weird hand - Sun Jul 20, 2014, 10:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2014
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...130_D53B3EFE13

donkeys all around pokerstars, their range is so wide, i can't risk my tournament with just a pair, how would u play this hand if you were me?

Old
Sun Jul 20, 2014, 11:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi amature3921!

With AA preflop, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to between 2.5x and 3x the previous bet. With it being early and multiple people in the pot, I'll opt to raise to 750.

On the flop, I'm going to make a standard raise (1/2 pot since I'm up against one opp). Since this bet is over 1/3 of my remaining chips, I'm pot-committed and cannot fold if I make this bet... so I'm shoving the flop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 21, 2014, 06:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
as above,and imo you played every street too passive, limping the flop/turn gives him chance to hit his straight or if K hit his other card (not saying he wouldnt call) but your giving him every chance to get there or even put out a river bluff if right card hits.
just my opinion and could be competely wrong

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com