Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL ZOOM, KQo IP turn play

Old
50NL ZOOM, KQo IP turn play - Mon Jul 21, 2014, 06:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
OMG... 50NL is full of "strange" players.

Question, without being results oriented. (You'll see what this guy does OTR...)

I get myself into these types of spots quite a bit. I don't know what the optimal line to take here is.

Do we shove over his XR?
Do we just call as played and call on almost all rivers?

Does our decision change whether we are IP or OOP?

(155 hands): 28/26/3.4

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I like calling the turn x/r. We are calling 10 more with 24 in the pot and 36 behind so implied odds we have are 6-1... which is important because in villains eyes (if he considers odds) we can be bet/calling turn with a draw and there are a number of draws out there we could take this action with. So by calling with our actual hand strength we protect our turn bet/calling range (which will be draw heavy) and allow him to follow through with bluffs and thin value bets otr. And if he's x/r a hand like AA to punish floats and draws, it is probably planning to fold to a turn shove quite often, and he may well check/call blank rivers to bluff catch our busted draws allowing us to get more value in those scenarios.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 01:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Really see no reason to shove. All we do is give him an opportunity to fold hands worse than us. He may also desperation bluff a missed draw otr.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com