Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bet on dangerous board

Old
bet on dangerous board - Tue Jul 22, 2014, 04:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2014
I am in position and everyone check to me on the turn, the board texture seems dangerous but i think i have the best hand, so i bet on the turn, is it a good play?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...961_C3B1A31C2F

here is another example:
**deleted link to competing site JWK24**

is it correct to raise the turn, and bet the river? should i bet the river? if yes, how much should i bet?

Last edited by JWK24; Tue Jul 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM..

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 05:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
hand 1:
I would bet flop for sure. its a very drawy board with flush and str8 draws so you want people to pay to draw. You will be getting lots of value off all kinds of hands. this is a flop a lot of hands connect to.
I would be looking to get the money in asap. because even if they hit their draw, you have outs to a boat. Build that pot!

Hand 2: totally different situation. In hand 1 your hand is close to the nuts, here your hand is mediocre at best so I would play it very cautious.
Your raise OTT is pointless. Nobody is going to fold that after they have bet and this way you are just building a pot with a hand that is probably dominated. Raise much bigger (as bluff, smt like 20-25 cents) or, and I would prefer that, flatcall.
Check back on the river. your hand has showdown value but cant withstand any heat. If he raises you, you have to fold.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com