Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl Zoom - 33

Old
5nl Zoom - 33 - Tue Jul 22, 2014, 07:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Could you please analyse my hands below.

No stats on villain.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 08:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Super ugly spot.

Not sure if this is a good spot to donkbet OTF...
Turn: well played
River: easy fold with a big sigh...

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 09:13 AM
(#3)
Cheers,

I called the turn hoping to boat up!

rkleefstra, just wanted to thank you fro taking the time to look at everyone's hand.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 09:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin1988 View Post
Cheers,

I called the turn hoping to boat up!

rkleefstra, just wanted to thank you fro taking the time to look at everyone's hand.

Cheers,

Matt
TY, but I just saying what I would do. Don't ever take that as the best way to do it !
If I knew that, I wouldnt be here

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 06:15 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
At the microstakes I always play these hands super straightforward. When you hit your set on the flop and there's already two cards of the same suit: bet! Especially with the 4.5x open, I expect him to have a KQ/AK/AA/KK sort of hand. Most of the opponents with King/x + club draws will call you. Even if they don't call you all the way to the river, it's still better to make them pay for trying to get that flush.

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 05:31 AM
(#6)
Hi Lovehouse888,

I didn't bet the flop, because I am in the habit of checking to the preflop raiser. I can see why in these situation donk betting could be idea! like you said because of the draw, villain could raise the flop donk bet with an overpair, etc, so that I can get value with my set, etc. If the draws completes on the turn where it has been checked, then this could kill my action.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 03:00 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2011
Normally, in that sort of spot (calling + OOP), I like to check raise, but I also like to bet out, too. Unfortunately, I don't think there was much you could do there but fold. I think you played it well.

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 06:28 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
It's played OK. I'd only donkbet if I suspect the PFR will not c-bet. If he's inclined to c-bet (and this is a good board to do so), then I go for a big check-raise, and I'm happy however villains responds. (It's sometimes OK if villain folds away his equity when you have a set).
As played is fine. Call the turn raise with 10 outs and implied odds, but always fold when you miss the river.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 07:23 PM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2013
chek call the flop call the turn fold the river theres only one way to play it in a zoom believe me

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com