Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

10nl Chromestar - can't get my hands analysed

Old
Default
10nl Chromestar - can't get my hands analysed - Tue Jul 22, 2014, 08:09 AM
(#1)
pullin1988's Avatar
Since: Apr 2013
Posts: 717
Hi,

Just wanted to say how I dislike the fact that because I don't play 10nl,that I not allowed to post hands to get comments from the hand analysers.

The problem is, when I post hands in the section that I am allowed to post in, I won't get an opinon from a hand analyser.

I have been a member of PSO since around the start of 2013 and have made contributions to PSO. I feel it's wrong to make the change to PSO members that were present before the change occured. Fair enough for new members, but not for members that was here before.

It was great before, where I could get an expert's and other PSOers opinons on the hands that I post helping me to improve my game (and I am sure for others) hoping that I could make it up to 10nl and beyond.

Cheers,

Matt
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 08:24 AM
(#2)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

I can understand your frustration but unfortunately this change was made for several reasons.

We cannon't however discriminate between old members and new members, it would be very unfair to do so.

My only suggestion would be to play a little more and achieve the ChromeStar status, it's not that hard to do and can be achieved easily enough. Then you will be able to post in the advanced sections.

Cheers,
Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 08:29 AM
(#3)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
I found this link about 'ChromeStar' status:

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/chrome/

There's many more benefits of becoming a ChromeStar including extra merchandise in the VIP store and freerolls with prize pools of over $120,000 each and every month as a ChromeStar VIP.

PokerSchool will also be running different promotions in the ChromeStars Hand Analysis sections over the coming months

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 09:05 AM
(#4)
pullin1988's Avatar
Since: Apr 2013
Posts: 717
Cheers Royal,

I can sort of see why with regards to discriminating against new members.

You say that I can post in the advanced section if I reach chromestar status. Well I am already at chrome star status (thanks for the links for the promotions, VIP store, etc). But the forum title states 10nl+, I play 5nl and have chromestar, can I post in there (as you didn't mention anything about 10nl)?


Cheers,

Matt
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 09:09 AM
(#5)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin1988 View Post
Cheers Royal,

I can sort of see why with regards to discriminating against new members.

You say that I can post in the advanced section if I reach chromestar status. Well I am already at chrome star status (thanks for the links for the promotions, VIP store, etc). But the forum title states 10nl+, I play 5nl and have chromestar, can I post in there (as you didn't mention anything about 10nl)?


Cheers,

Matt
Let me find this out for you, I'll have an answer for you tomorrow

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 09:15 AM
(#6)
pullin1988's Avatar
Since: Apr 2013
Posts: 717
Cheers,

I appreciate you responding so quickly.

Cheers,

Matt
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 09:49 AM
(#7)
Nishkey's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 54
Agree with pullin, it's really a shame that no one of the pro analyzers bothers with that "Basic Poker Hand Section" for us beginners who play 2NL and 5NL.
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 10:34 AM
(#8)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
It's not that they don't bother, many actually do give up their free time to reply to those threads.

The fact is that they don't get paid to reply to those posts and do so voluntary.

Many of the Hand Analysers have other jobs and familes so wouldn't have time to reply to all posts.

PokerStars pay Hand Analysers to reply to posts in the ChromeStar section. This is offered as a benefit and priviledge to players who regularly play on PokerStars and make the effort to earn the required 100 VPPs nessecary to post there.

At this time Poker School will not be changing the requirements for posting hands for analysis. Hands must be 10NL or above and players must have ChromeStar status.

Raiser

Sent via Tapatalk 2


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 10:56 AM
(#9)
rkleefstra's Avatar
Since: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,328
The name of the "advanced" forum suggests it's for 10NL+ only. I really hope that being "chromestar" is enough to post (any) hands in there bc now the "basic" forum is pretty much ignored by everybody.

Last few days, I have been trying to share my thoughts on some hands but I'm just a tiny grasshopper and would appreciate an expert reviewing the hands so I can verify my thoughts.
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 10:58 AM
(#10)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Sorry, it's 10NL and above only

Raiser

Sent via Tapatalk


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:14 AM
(#11)
bhoylegend's Avatar
Since: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,261
According to my HEM the 100VPP's required to post in the advanced sections for analysis costs anywhere between $10 to $12 dollars.

I can understand why the change was made, as for long periods of time ***Removed Username*** (He's either banned now or just chose to get away from here but the fact is he isn't spamming it anymore) and others were, more or less, spamming that forum with brag hands and bad beats. There were also people who played on other sites converting hands with other hand history converters who didn't contribute to rake. Given this is, essentially, a Pokerstars run forum stopping stuff like that was probably desirable.

Since the change though, the traffic has all but disappeared. I haven't played a hand of poker in almost three weeks exactly and there are still 4 of my hands on the second page of the cash analysis forum.

Still, I'm almost sure that promo bits ran during EPT's telling people to come to PSO to get their hands analysed by professional players for free. There is now a very real cost to micro stakes players attached to that forum. So I hope when EPT starts up again that that ad is dropped and a more realistic one replaces it. 'Come get your hands analysed by the professionals if you have paid enough rake to get access' would seem more plausible and palatable.

Just an opinion by the way, doesn't require reply or comment.

Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Jul 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Terms & Conditions
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:37 AM
(#12)
rkleefstra's Avatar
Since: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,328
***Removed Terms & Conditions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Since the change though, the traffic has all but disappeared.
I noticed exactly the same. Traffic has slowed down considerly lately, not only in the analysing forums, but also in the Stake-forum. It's almost dead...

Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Jul 22, 2014 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Terms & Conditions
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:46 AM
(#13)
pullin1988's Avatar
Since: Apr 2013
Posts: 717
I understand more now.

Didn't realise that the hand analysers were paid for commenting on hands. Makes more sense now.

Cheers guys,

Matt
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:48 AM
(#14)
pullin1988's Avatar
Since: Apr 2013
Posts: 717
Ditto, everyone has disappeared.

The most noticeable for me is Artysmokes (probably having a relaxing break from poker, and fed up with me asking sooooo many questions - lol)

Where is everyone?

Whilst it is busy here, anyone got an answer to this: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...tting-confused

I am losing the plot.


Cheers,

Matt
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 12:49 PM
(#15)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,788
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
bc now the "basic" forum is pretty much ignored by everybody.
I try to respond to all the tournament hands in there that haven't already been responded to by any of the other HA's.

My normal play is MTT and SNG anywhere from online freerolls to $1650 live ME's.... but I'm not really a big cash player (do play some live $1/$2 or $3/$6 limit, the lowest levels available or 2NL online), so I don't want to give someone the wrong advice on a game I'm not regularly playing.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 01:17 PM
(#16)
pullin1988's Avatar
Since: Apr 2013
Posts: 717
Quote:
bc now the "basic" forum is pretty much ignored by everybody.
I try to respond to all the tournament hands in there that haven't already been responded to by any of the other HA's.

My normal play is MTT and SNG anywhere from online freerolls to $1650 live ME's.... but I'm not really a big cash player (do play some live $1/$2 or $3/$6 limit, the lowest levels available or 2NL online), so I don't want to give someone the wrong advice on a game I'm not regularly playing
I think that's why I would like a hand analyser, because we all feel we may give bad advice, and so none of us respond to each other's post much.

Cheers,

Matt
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 06:55 PM
(#17)
PlasticPearl's Avatar
Since: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,422
BronzeStar
In my experience, discussion with other people is the best way of learning though rather than an expert decreeing what they think. Don't get me wrong, it is a great service and the guys have a wealth of experience. But it is just their view (albeit probably a lot more optimal than mine!). Discuss other people's hands and engage with them and you'll learn more and bounce ideas around.


4 Time Bracelet Winner

 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 07:17 PM
(#18)
rkleefstra's Avatar
Since: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticPearl View Post
In my experience, discussion with other people is the best way of learning though rather than an expert decreeing what they think. Don't get me wrong, it is a great service and the guys have a wealth of experience. But it is just their view (albeit probably a lot more optimal than mine!). Discuss other people's hands and engage with them and you'll learn more and bounce ideas around.
Fully agree!
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 08:36 PM
(#19)
rolo834's Avatar
Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,422
The people who need the most help at school are the beginners
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 10:19 PM
(#20)
ForrestFive's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin1988 View Post
I think that's why I would like a hand analyser, because we all feel we may give bad advice, and so none of us respond to each other's post much.
Agree, because when I stick in my 2 cents in the HA forum I may be wrong. Bad advice will not help anyone. So a bad report for PSO if advice given in a sponsored school is reviewed elsewhere.

Now, it is so important for beginners views / opinions on each others hands to be corrected by a more experienced player from PSO.

Then we all can learn from that.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com