Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 6max hyper sat for #60

Old
$1.50 6max hyper sat for #60 - Tue Jul 22, 2014, 07:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
This satellite pays top 2 with a $4.40 ticket.

Handreplayer doesn't seem to work...

Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: V3 (555 in chips)
Seat 3: Hero (1000 in chips)
Seat 4: V1 (980 in chips)
Seat 6: V2 (465 in chips)
Blinds are 50/100 with a ante of 25.

*** HOLE CARDS *** (pot = 250)
Dealt to Hero : [Kd As]
V1: raises 860 to 960 and is all-in (pot = 1210)
V2: folds
V3: calls 485 and is all-in (pot = 1695)
Hero: ?????

V1 is an active guy. Have shoved numerous times, never saw his hand. Called a shove with 77 once.

V2 and V3 both didn't play a single hand yet.

Should I call ?

I figured if I win, I immediately win the tournament. -->very good.
If I loose, I'm wasting a fine stack that could be enough to win anyway --> very bad
If I fold and active guy wins, no harm done --> good
If I fold and SB wins, V1 still has a stack and V3 is chipleader. --> pretty bad

I expect V3 to have a better hand than V1. Am I right in that?

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 08:57 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Well, we will be told to get it in 3 way, when:
a) it's a premium hand (lol)
b) we cover the 2 villains

So I'm not going to be happy calling here but with AA/KK/QQ very happy.

The alternative is to fold, survive see a player knocked out and shove every equitable hand in position.

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 10:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rkleefstra!

This is a perfect spot to go to an ICM calculator. When I put this scenario in, here is what I get for everyone.

UTG should be shoving about 69% of hands and the SB should shove 66+ ATs+ AJo+. The hero's calling range is TT+.

Since AKo is not in this range, I need to muck AK to the two shoves. Getting AKo in here is a -2.77% EV play.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 10:55 PM
(#4)
[QUOTE=JWK24;527410]Hi rkleefstra!
... Getting AKo in here is a -2.77% EV play.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Wow and I was folding on a gut feeling.

Do the maths go to a +EV% call with AA/KK/QQ? Say the number was +0.17% EV the decision is napkin thin value?

Sorry I still don't understand equity and using a tool that spits out numbers that I can't interpret.

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:14 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Forrest!

If it's negative, we expect to lose chips and should fold. If it's +EV then it's a call/shove.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:47 PM
(#6)
Thanks John,

What does the software say QQ+ and... just noticed another "Tweet this Hand" #LearnPoker @PokerStarsPSO for the BB ticket draw.

Can anyone tweet this thread or just the OP rkleefstra?

Old
Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:50 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
TT plus is what we should call with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 12:15 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
TT plus is what we should call with.

John (JWK24)
That tells me something. I can shove 77+ with 10bb over a raiser but can't call TT with the same stack. Now with 77 as the caller just wish I was looking at 88.

But we got 1 tweet on this thread before this post.

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 03:39 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi rkleefstra!

This is a perfect spot to go to an ICM calculator. When I put this scenario in, here is what I get for everyone.

UTG should be shoving about 69% of hands and the SB should shove 66+ ATs+ AJo+. The hero's calling range is TT+.
I don't really see why TT is in my calling range, and AKo is not.... isnt AK more valuable than TT?

My gutfeeling said to fold, but the possibility of getting them both in one hand, or at least one of them was too tempting.
V1 had QQ, V3 had JJ. To those hands I had 36.5% and the odds were 34%. Slightly +EV
Board ran out blank, I lost.

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 04:39 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post

just noticed another "Tweet this Hand" #LearnPoker @PokerStarsPSO for the BB ticket draw.

Can anyone tweet this thread or just the OP rkleefstra?
Hi Forrest,

Anyone can natuarally tweet the hand but it's only the OP that posts the hand for review that is considered for a Big Bang seat.

Most of the time other people won't take the time to tweet someone else's hand however, if you post a hand then it's a good incentive to tweet if you think you have a shot at getting seated into a $5,000 Gtd tournament

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 10:45 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
I don't really see why TT is in my calling range, and AKo is not.... isnt AK more valuable than TT?
In this type of situation, no. TT is a made hand while AK is only ace high and here with multiple opps, I'd have to dodge the opps hitting a pair on 4 cards, not just 2 if I was isolated.

In satellite play, I need to call much tighter. I can shove a bit wider if first in, but have to call much tighter than normal.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 03:15 PM
(#12)
Tnx, John. Learned smt today

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com