Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Easy to fold 3 of a kind to bad player- 2nl cash game

Old
Easy to fold 3 of a kind to bad player- 2nl cash game - Wed Jul 23, 2014, 12:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2014
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...415_531EDCDD37

this is a bad player, i saw he limp and call raise with trash, and he is a passive player, limp in with KK, make very small bet on the flop with overpair, etc
how should i play against him OTT and river?

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 01:04 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
We are dealt the worst hand 72o and can see a flop with zero investment by checking our option. Then we hit second pair bad kicker and then face a 1bb lead?

I can't call the bet, how can we improve? So a 7 or 2 on the turn...

You noted limp KK (not every time maybe AA?) and check / raise our trip 7s now I think we are ahead. Probably going with the luck of the turn and call the river A raise. It was a click back or min raise if I remember. We are losing to how many hands?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Jul 23, 2014 at 01:15 AM..

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 02:03 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
We are dealt the worst hand 72o and can see a flop with zero investment by checking our option. Then we hit second pair bad kicker and then face a 1bb lead?

I can't call the bet, how can we improve? So a 7 or 2 on the turn...

You noted limp KK (not every time maybe AA?) and check / raise our trip 7s now I think we are ahead. Probably going with the luck of the turn and call the river A raise. It was a click back or min raise if I remember. We are losing to how many hands?
the player on my RHS is also a bad player, small bet means draw/ weak pair, so i call

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 04:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
pre and flop are standaard ofc.
I like the check-raise OTT but make it bigger smt like 18. If he shoves, I would snapcall.

OTR you make a small 50%potbet, I would prefer a bigger bet, smt like 75%pot. If he shoves I would snapcall.

As played, I would have snapcall his raise OTR !!

Old
Wed Jul 23, 2014, 05:33 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I would definitely call the river bet. We're losing to pocket 4s, aces or kings, and I think it's unlikely he has them given the way he has played it. A bigger 7 is a worry but given the odds he is giving us we only need to be right once in five times to break even on this play. If you have a read that he is a bad player I would definitely call. He has probably hit two pair, maybe something like A4.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com