Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Sng hand. Advice On How to play please.

Old
Sng hand. Advice On How to play please. - Thu Jul 24, 2014, 05:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
i read many books a d watch some videos and i do not get it one idea in one hand

when i am on SMALL BLIND (BLINDS FIRST OR SECOND LEVEL 10/20 OR 15/30 )

I HAD FULL STACK 1500 FOR SIT N GO

and my hand is something about K4 off two or tree players limp so i need to put 15 for pot of 135 many books and videos said thet i need to fold

i did not get it is it so dangerous spot thet my king is dominated or what

can somebody explain WHY ?
please

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 07:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2014
BronzeStar
The way I would think of it corona_sb is what flop would make you happy to bet for value? Any time a king hits there are 10 other combinations of King-X that beat yours, and AK, KQ, KJ and KT will be a big part of the ranges for anyone who has decided to enter the pot. The only time I would feel comfortable betting K4 on the flop was if a K and a 4 both came, and the chances of that are so rare that it isn't worth the investment usually.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 11:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi corona_sb!

Plastic Pearl is correct here. The problem is that we will be continuously outkicked so we either win a small pot or lose a big one. Hands with one big card and one little card are nothing but trouble and need to be mucked as they are way too weak to play.

The small blind is the worst position at the table, so I want to play the absolute least amount of hands from this position, compared to the others.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 05:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar
Ty i had same dilema

Old
Thu Jul 24, 2014, 07:32 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
the books and videos are absolutely correct

just FOLD

gl in your games, may the FOLD be with you

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com