Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

People bluffing themselves-- $4.40 Progressive Knockout

Old
People bluffing themselves-- $4.40 Progressive Knockout - Fri Jul 25, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It's $4.40 Progressive Knockout with 10mins blind level.

I have 3 questions mainly:
1. Should I fold preflop
2. Should I shove on the flop once the BB player made a stupid raise
3. Should I call the turn all-in.

After the hand it was obvious the BB player had Air. Also his flop min check-raise makes 0 sense. I was concered with the UTG player mainly.

STATS :

Old
Sat Jul 26, 2014, 12:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi adi,

1. I think there is a good case for folding preflop. Although the reads are minimal, the villain hasn't done anything out of line yet, so there's no good reason to not give his UTG open raise credit. AJo doesn't play well vs. a strong range out of position, and we can't really ascribe a wider or lite range to villain.

2. I think I would fold, yes. The action seems ominous. Although we can close the action with a call and see the turn, there are very few turn cards that help our cause much, save for a jack, and none of them are clean cards (meaning there is no card that makes us a confident winner). And there's no turn card that makes me feel great about continuing to put more chips in the pot. Even an ace coming, we can already be drawing dead to AQ.

3. Turn seems like a crazy easy fold to me. See #1. UTG has done nothing to dissuade us from that read and his line indicates he still he has all the monsters in his range except for maybe JT (which might not open raise UTG)... AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ all of which we have only 4 outs against. Further, the BB certainly does have JT in his range, so UTG either doesn't know this, or doesn't care. Either way, his action indicates great strength, and our hand is certainly sub-par to that category.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com