Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Should I fold top set?-$2.20 Progressive Knockout

Old
Should I fold top set?-$2.20 Progressive Knockout - Fri Jul 25, 2014, 04:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It $2.20 Progressive Knockout with 10mins blind level. This is first hand of the tournament. So no reads on anyone.

I thought I should fold on river but then it's micro stakes donkaments people show with all kinds of overplayed junk. But at the same time I was 90% sure he has flush. I just couldn't fold my top set

I checked turn hoping to check-call for full house and fold on river but the fish inside me can't let it go

Old
Sat Jul 26, 2014, 03:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
This river's an easy fold IMO. All the scary stuff has got there and villain is just as aware of that as you are, so I doubt he's playing worse value stuff (lower sets, 43s?) like this and I don't give the average player pool the ability to bluff like this with air that hasn't improved by the river.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Old
Sat Jul 26, 2014, 10:41 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
One other point with this one.. the flop bet needs to be 2/3 pot since against 2 opps. If I bet less than 2/3 and someone has a flush draw and hits it, it's my own fault that I lose the hand because I gave the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com