Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

What would you do with a $22 Tournament Ticket?

Old
What would you do with a $22 Tournament Ticket? - Sat Jul 26, 2014, 11:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hello,
I got a $22,00 tournament ticket at my account. What would you do in my situation? Play the MicroMillions Main Event with 1M GTD or play the "The Bigger" with 80k GTD?

I'm asking this because my biggest tournament buy-in was $5,50 i don't have much experience on MTTs, also the MicroMillions Main Event has a big field with psycho players, i think it will be very difficult even to get ITM, the "The Bigger" would be more easy to play, but 1M.. I don't know... what would you do in my case?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 12:22 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
A tough one. I looked in the lobbies first for late registration, MM 3 hours / Bigger 2 hours, then the blind structure and we have a choice of 10 or 12 minute levels?

As for guarantees, well the greater it is the more recreational the field. I do not have experience playing these games though I did play the SCOOP low $109 and hated it. A 4 hour late reg' and carnage.

Ok I'm on the fence and going with... The Bigger $22, 12 minute levels and guessing a more solid player pool.

Let the other PSOers give their opinion the MM main looks like fun.

An after thought. The MM guarantee will be met and far exceed it IMO so if you run deep even greater rewards.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Jul 27, 2014 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: after thought / correct late reg

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 01:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
I wouldn't enter if you had no desire to win or enjoy playing it, even if the field was tough/large or for what ever reason. You'd be better off playing your usual MTTs with that T$.

If you registered for the MM ME and it doesn't affect the BR in anyway, even if you don't cash, then go for it.. but only if you have that desire to win or enjoy yourself.

HTH. GL!

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 07:09 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2014
BronzeStar
I think the MM field will be a lot, lot softer. Full of people taking shots because of prize pool and prestige. If the play is anything like what I have seen so far (played about 90 of the MM events) if you can play solid poker, wait for good spots, then you should be able to run up a big stack and do well. There is always the chance you will be sucked out on by bad players but that's the risk. I'd say MM.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 09:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrelgcp View Post
Hello,
I got a $22,00 tournament ticket at my account. What would you do in my situation? Play the MicroMillions Main Event with 1M GTD or play the "The Bigger" with 80k GTD?

I'm asking this because my biggest tournament buy-in was $5,50 i don't have much experience on MTTs, also the MicroMillions Main Event has a big field with TERRIBLE players, i think it will be very difficult even to get ITM, the "The Bigger" would be more easy to play, but 1M.. I don't know... what would you do in my case?

Hello as someone who has gone deep in both, I took the liberty of fixing your post above. MM ME is about 5 times easier than Bigger 22 imo. The only reason not to use a $22 ticket for MM Main is if you don't have a few hours to spare tonight. If you have played $5.50 MTTs then you will have no problem with it.

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 05:39 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2014
BronzeStar
I hope you chose the MM ME. The below hand, over halfway through the tournament, says it all.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com